Twenty One

"Uhh Sarang, you could've missed this somewhere, but Yojeung is my sister." Xiumin informed. I immediately remembered what Young Mi told me over the call yesterday night. "He might say something even more ridiculous like, she's like a sister to him or something." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"She's like a sister to you? Let's not fool each other here." I rolled my eyes.

"No, like literally." Xiumin replied, his hand raised to cover his face. "This is so awkward." He mumbled, taking a short glance at his wrist watch. "I'm so sorry, but my classes start in another half an hour. Shall we talk in the evening?" I shrugged in response. "We really need to clear this misunderstanding, okay?" He gave me a determined look, slightly dissapointed at my uninterested responses.

When we parted ways, I decided to check the notifications on my phone as I waited for the elevator. There was one text message from Jun that I could read without even opening it. See you. It read. The elevator arrived and I headed back to my apartment, wondering what misunderstanding Xiumin was talking about. He said she is his sister, but I stalked them all really well on social media. His name is Kim Minseok and her name is Lee Yojeung, so they're obviously not biological siblings.

Am I being too fussy? Is it really okay for him to be that close to another girl? Do I get jealous too easily? What if they are just friends and I'm over reacting right now?

I didn't realise when I reached the door to my apartment. I typed the password in and opened the door revealing a pair of sport shoes that definitely didn't belong to me. There's only one other person that knows the password to my apartment.

"You're here?" I heard a cheerful voice from the living room before Jun came into sight, a box wrapped in silver paper held in his hands. "Are you still angry?" He asked as he took a step in my direction.

"I was never angry." My eyebrows furrowed at his question. I removed my shoes and went inside the living room. "Jun, you can't just go into a person's home without permission. I'm going to change the password if you keep doing this." I warned, earning a chuckle in response.

"I'm glad to finally hear you talk like before." Jun said, his smile slowly turning sad. "I'm okay with you scolding me or fighting with me, but please don't ever ignore me like that." Now I felt bad. Whatever happened between us was a few years ago and maybe I was being unreasonable when I ignored him for so long like that. "I'm really sorry about that day, I didn't mean to break your Play Station. I was just really frustrated. You understand, right?" He asked, his hand stretching out to hand me the wrapped box. "Its the latest version and has a lot of new features. Do you want to try playing a video game together?"

"I can't take this." I clearly stated. "Jun, this must've been so expensive. Why would you-"

"So you haven't forgiven me yet? Sarang I've apologised multiple times and hey, don't you have school today?" He laughed, then pointed at the clock.

"I only have twenty minutes!" I said in horror. "Look, the teacher might call up uncle or Mr. Shin if I'm late again." I rushed to grab a towel and my uniform before rushing towards the bathroom. When I came back outside, I still had five minutes before I could leave.

"Sarang, you still like toast with chocolate spread, don't you?" Jun asked with a warm smile, a plate of toasted bread coated with the right amount of hazelnut-chocolate spread on it. "And I'm pretty sure you don't drink milk at all." He placed a glass of milk on the table and gestured me to hurry up and eat it. I stood there, trying my best to swallow the lump in my throat. It reminded me of how it was before he left. "Are you sure you have the time to stand there and feel touched about the fact that I prepared an effortless and absolutely unhealthy breakfast for you?" He asked, but when I still didn't move, he walked up to me and took my hand that was dropped to my side. He brought it towards his lips and placed a chaste kiss on the back of my hand. When I took a step away, I tripped against the leg of the table and he caught me just in time. It was a scene right out of a Kdrama, but something still felt out of place.