Seven

Young Mi leaned in my direction and took a quick whiff. "Are you sure you didn't drink before coming to school?" She asked. I pushed her away before reaching out to her pencil case.

"Just watch." I said and held the case in my right hand and stared at it intensely. "Abracadabra... Freeze!" I yelled, but the case was intact. Why isn't this working when I want to show off now? "Freeze, you piece of shit!" I repeated, but to no avail. Young Mi only gave me a judging look, then snatched her case away from me. "This really works!" I insisted, but she only replied with a bored, 'yeah sure' and walked towards her next class.

I explained all the events from yesterday and the past week to her, but she only touched my forehead and asked if I was sick or I hit my head somewhere. I still have no idea how this frost thing works, but the three boys looked so tired and worn out yesterday, I chose not to bother them. I also didn't want to anger Xiumin any further by asking too many questions.

I was walking my way home with Young Mi when suddenly, I felt chills rush up my spine. I was wearing a thick jacket over my uniform, but it didn't seem quite enough. I waved goodbye to her, leaving her puzzled and ran the rest of my way home. I'd already got myself a new phone, so I immediately dialed Xiumin's number and waited for him to receive the call.

"Hello?" I heard a female voice on the other line. I looked at the phone screen to check if I had called the wrong number.

"Is this Xiumin's phone number?" I asked, still unsure.

"Yes, oppa isn't here- No wait, he just came back. One second." The phone was probably handed over to him because then I heard his mellow voice on the other line.

"Sorry, who's this?" He asked, but I didn't want to talk anymore. I lazily sat down on the couch and removed my socks.

"How easily do you give away your phone number that you don't remember me?" I asked. The arrogant and waspish tone of my voice must've given away my identity. I could already imagine him sighing on the other line. "The frost bites are returning. Isn't there anything I can do?" I asked, my voice hinting irritation.

"I've figured out why you're feeling like this. I'll let you know when we meet in the evening." He said and disconnected the call. It was pretty obvious that he didn't like the way I spoke, but again, it was his fault. I was planning on being nice to him this time, but the girl on the phone just poured acid on my good mood. It was none of my concern, but if he already has a girlfriend, then he shouldn't go around flirting and giving away his number like that. It was as if I felt a little disappointed, not in the serious, heartbroken way, but as if someone took away a candy from my hand. I didn't have the right to complain because the candy wasn't mine in the first place. Ugh, I'm starting to talk all philosophical now.

He arrived at sharp 6:00 pm like he had mentioned yesterday. Not one minute early or late. I was playing Yandere Simulator when he arrived and I didn't even check before opening the door, so when he walked inside the apartment, he was greeted with the sight of a blood covered classmate of mine. It's not what you're thinking. Yandere simulator is a game where your character has a crush on her senpai (senior) and your job is to murder or eliminate the girls that try to hook up with him. Xiumin must've judged me enough because of the dirty socks lying beside the couch and he even ended up stepping on a sharpened pencil. What more if he saw me playing brutally violent video games.

"I'll switch it off." I forced a polite smile and hurriedly switched off the Play Station. Without wasting another minute, we left for the place he called the Hellions Den. The drive was silent, with soft music eliminating the need to talk. I was tempted to ask him if that girl on the phone was really his girlfriend, but what if gets the wrong idea? I shouldn't really care anyway.