Six

I opened my eyes to a brightly lit room, a modern ceiling light perfectly adorning the center. I squinted my eyes due to the brightness in the room and slowly sat up to observe my surroundings. It was an organized room with clean white curtains covering the huge floor to ceiling windows that occupied most of the right side walls.

Still half asleep, I darted my eyes around the room and found my bag resting at the foot of the study table. I really wished someone would tidy up my room like this whenever I made a mess of it. Mom always scolded me to clean up my room before, but it was different now.

This is not the time to worry about that. Whose house is this, anyway? It is my fault for constantly passing out like this. For all I knew, this place could've been owned by a drug dealer. I placed my foot on the cold flooring that reminded me of my condition this afternoon. I didn't feel strange or cold anymore. I checked my hands and all the frostbites were gone.

"I want to be the very best,
Like no one ever was..."

I heard the faint sound of television from outside the room. I pressed my ear against the wall in order to listen better.

"To catch them is my real test,
To train them is my cause..."

I heard some male voices, cheerfully singing along with it. It's such a disgrace that I probably got kidnapped by someone that still watches Pokemon. Contemplating whether I should open the door or not, I finally decided to grab my bag and find a way out without alerting the preschool children outside. Besides, they're happy watching Pokemon.

Finally, when I didn't find a way out without using the door, I softly pushed it open, peeping outside to find three boys sitting on a couch with their feet resting on the glass table in front of them. I recognized one of them as Xiumin and there was the red haired guy and someone else I didn't know.

The third guy spotted me at the door and I suddenly felt conscious about myself. I probably looked creepy while looking at them sneakily.

"You're awake?" The red haired guy asked as he stood up to approach the door and open it completely. I straightened up and forced a smile in his direction.

"Is this your place?" I asked, pointing towards our surroundings. He shook his head and pointed at the other guy seated on the couch.

"That's Chen and I'm Tao. It's nice to meet you." He introduced himself with an unexpectedly innocent smile when he really looks like a gangster with all those ear piercings. I immediately felt guilty for being so stereotypical when they were only being nice and friendly to me. I introduced myself to them and waited for my cue to leave. I didn't want to stay and burden them anymore. I had already troubled them enough. I had especially troubled Xiumin because he had been patient enough to withstand my rude and aggressive behaviour without batting and eyelash and I hadn't even thanked him for taking care of me every single time I passed out. I felt ungrateful and low.

"Are you alright now?" Chen asked as he ushered me to the couch nearby. "You must've been scared." He added.

"Not really." I lied. I was scared earlier. Who wouldn't be when they found out that they could freakishly freeze their surroundings? But I wouldn't let him know. It'd just be stupid to trust him so easily.

"That's a relief then. It's nice to know you're not afraid anymore." Tao let out a sigh of relief. "We'll explain everything to you in detail, so don't think you're lost or anything." He reassured. I nodded, but I still had my doubts. I remember how I ended up here, but I don't understand why these people are helping me. They gave off those normal college students vibes, but I didn't want to take a chance, so I awkwardly stood up and picked my bag up to leave.