Twenty Nine

Sarang

It was around 6:00 am and I was in my apartment with Xiumin and Kai while the rest of them were doing their part in our plan. The Hellions couldn't physically follow us because Lay would be in danger if they got caught, so they put a tracking device on our clothes and phones so that they wouldn't lose us. When Lay came back, they would send us a signal and we'd be free to use our abilities on the enemies. For now our abilities were off limits and mine were still not efficient enough. My abilities would still work very irregularly because I hadn't had enough training.

As Jun had mentioned, a black van arrived and two men asked us to quietly get inside. They checked us before taking us with them and made us leave our phones behind. They even found and threw away the tracking device in our pockets. I looked at Xiumin and he looked very calm. He just quietly followed everything the two men said, let them tie up our hands behind our back and got into the van they asked us to.

It took us hours to reach the destination which was an abandoned and worn out building that looked like no one had used it for decades. As they pushed us out of the van, I noticed that it was located in an eerie forest area where I couldn't even hear any insects or animals around. There were strange and disgusting smells, no sound, weeds and fungus growing everywhere, even inside the building they took us. I guess it was previously an industrial area now left rotten. I really wanted to leave.

"Okay, why the hell did Jun ask you to bring us here?" I asked one of the two men, but the guy was pretending to be a robot right from the beginning. He didn't even acknowledge me. "Xiumin, its so stuffy and disgusting." I complained.

"I know. We'll leave soon, don't worry." He sighed with a small smile.

Suddenly, we heard a phone ringing. One of the men received the call, said "Yes sir. Should we do it? Alright." and disconnected. I looked at him and then at Xiumin who was also looking at him, probably calculating his next move. I wanted this to be over quickly so I could just go back home with Xiumin.

I watched as the guy who received the call walked over to us and stood in front of Xiumin. The guy was taller, but the way Xiumin narrowed his eyes and made his your-tallness-doesn't-make-me-insecure face was really funny. It was all okay until then. I was glad that nothing was dangerous or that they weren't going to harm us, but they proved me wrong.

The guy raised his fist and punched Xiumin in the face. He could freeze the stupid ropes on his wrists in seconds and break them down, but he was patient. He took the hits and didn't react to make sure he didn't provoke them. It was really annoying to watch.

My fingers balled into fists and Xiumin shook his head at me. Yeah, I know they have Lay, but no one will know if we beat these guys up and threaten them to tell us where they were keeping Lay. It was a very reckless idea, but I hated being quiet like this. Tolerating wasn't exactly my strong point.

Xiumin just kept letting them hit him and it was really irritating. He could crush them under his foot in no time. This was pointless. "Why aren't you fighting back?!" I yelled out when the bruises on his body became unbearable to my eyes.

I don't know if it was a good move because one of the men turned towards me and then back to Xiumin to see his expression. "Don't." Xiumin's voice was low, but it had so much authority, anyone would think twice before defying it.

The man walked up to me and grabbed my hair. I struggled, but it was difficult to fight back with my arms tied up behind my back. "Not my fucking hair, I just washed it yesterday!" I cried.

It wasn't funny to Xiumin at all. I think that was his limit because I immediately heard some crackling sound. Ice. He used the moisture in the atmosphere to freeze his ropes and broke them down. I watched as he grabbed the guy by the collar and pulled him away from me. It was fun to watch the guy get beaten up because I think angry Xiumin is hotter than cute Xiumin.