Eleven

Sarang

I stomped my foot as I walked away from Xiumin. No matter how strong willed I am, he is obviously physically stronger. There is only so much I can do if he holds my hand and threatens to not let go until I give him the answers he wants, but I know he's too much of a gentleman to do that. I don't hate him. I never did, but he should stop interfering in matters that don't concern him in the least.

It was sort of my fault he noticed because I generally tend to avoid using my left hand for any chores. It is really difficult to do anything without making use of your thumb. Try it if you don't believe me.

For now, I wanted to stay away from him, so that he wouldn't get a chance to ask anymore questions. Since a few days, Xiumin seemed to have found an unexplainable interest in my life. He had started to ask me of things I never discussed with anyone, not even Young Mi. I mean, he asked me who Jun was. No one had ever touched that subject since the past year and Xiumin just casually brought it up in a conversation as if he was talking about sandwiches.

"Sarang." I heard that soft voice behind me that slightly reminded me of Xiumin's voice. It was Yojeung, taking careful steps in my direction as if she feared I would run away. And this girl. I don't know what is it about her that irritates me so much, but I can't stand her. Probably because she's the polar opposite of me. The way she took short steps in my direction gracefully with a small smile on her glossed lips made me wonder what I looked like in her eyes. It didn't seem like she had caked her face with makeup. She must've put on just the required amount before leaving her house while I barely had any time to brush my hair after I got out of the shower. Her clothes, her hair, her eyes, every single thing about her gives me an inferiority complex. "I hope I didn't hurt you too much earlier." She said and I wanted to cringe at how fake that sounded.

"I didn't die, so I guess it was fine." I know, I sound like a rude bitch, but I don't like her. I don't want to pretend to be nice when I'm clearly not. I looked at her with narrowed eyes and her expression changed to a disappointed one. As if this didn't go how she expected. "You don't have to try to act nice to me. I know you don't like me too." I added.

"Why do you think I don't like you?" Yojeung asked in amusement.

"It's so obvious that you get jealous when I hang out with Xiumin, but really, I'm no competition. I don't even like him. He's all yours." I blurted out. I don't regret this one bit because it'd be the best to clear things out instead of assuming and guessing what the other party is thinking.

She looked confused as if I said something really absurd and then, a soft giggle escaped her lips. "You've got it wro-" Yojeung started while waving both her hands, but Xiumin interrupted before she could talk. Why does he seem so worried whenever I have some sort of interaction with Yojeung?

"Yojeung, we're supposed to leave early today." Xiumin said and I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. Okay, they have a date, so why are they broadcasting it like this? I shifted my gaze from Xiumin to Yojeung and then back to Xiumin before turning around to walk away. I don't want to third wheel between them. I heard Yojeung's chuckles from a distance, but chose not to pay attention to it.

At a distance, I spotted Baekhyun and Chen seated on the patch of grass while Kai had sprawled out beside them. On a closer look, Kai was sleeping and the duo were bickering about who among them had a greater fan following. Even I couldn't deny the fact that these people were popular. There were students from my school that admired the Hellions and girls that sneaked into their university to leave them gifts and letters.

"I think guys like you more than girls do." Baekhyun said and Chen looked at him in disbelief.

"That's probably the case with you. We all know you're jealous because the girls in our university like me over you." Chen boasted. Wow, these guys are so self centered and narcissistic, but it's also not like they are lying. Young Mi knows Kai's favourite songs and his pet dogs' names, by the way.