Two

I opened my eyes to a huge desert with nothing but lumps of white sand into vision. The fine grains of sand had stuck to my uniform and my bare foot. Plus, the scorching heat did nothing to help. I stood up, brushing the black and white sand off my skirt and my body.

I looked around, but as far as my eye could see, there was no trace of life. How am I supposed to go home now? Suddenly, I heard a snarl behind me. With wobbly legs, I managed to turn around, only to find a spotted dog, no wait, leopard. It was a white leopard, glaring at me like I was a prey of some sort. Another snarl through it's barred teeth compelled me to take a step back, but as I did, the leopard took a step forward. Without a second thought, I ran in the opposite direction. I ran as fast as I could, but it's footsteps behind me sounded like the violent animal was only getting closer. I don't like running, I don't want to run anymore.

I tripped on my own foot and fell face forward against the sand. I could hear it's footsteps getting nearer. That's it, I'm going to be it's lunch today.

"Love?" I heard a soft voice. "Why are you sitting on the ground? Your clothes will get dirty." He added and I turned to look at him, with his dark brown hair and cherry like lips. I've never noticed how beautiful his eyes look under the sun.

"Jun?" I said and looked around to search for the leopard that was chasing me. "The leopard?" I mumbled and Jun couldn't help but chuckle.

"What are you saying suddenly?" He asked before stretching out his hand for me to take. I held his hand and let him pull me up.

Amidst the white desert, there was a table for two with Lemon pastries and milk tea served in expensive looking ceramic tableware. I felt a little uncomfortable, dressed in my school uniform, missing one shoe and wearing a loosened tie while Jun wore a formal black suit with a white shirt. He somewhat reminded me of a person dressed to attend a funeral.

I brushed my thoughts away and averted my gaze towards Jun's eyes that stared at me the way I look at lemon cakes. He was smiling as he reached out to something in the inner pocket of his coat.

He removed a blood covered paper cutter knife and placed it on the table between us. I stood up, pushing the chair back as I saw the smile still plastered on his face as he stared at me like I was a prey of some sort.

_____________________

I jolted awake, wiping the beads of sweat rolling down my forehead. This dream isn't anything new. It's one among the dreams I see very often, only, instead of a paper cutter, it's a different weapon every time.

"You're awake? How are you feeling now?" A woman in her mid-thirties approached my bed with a writing pad clutched against her waist and a pen between her fingers. What is a nurse doing here? Or more precisely, what am I doing in a hospital?

"What happened?" I asked as I sat up, my voice still a little raspy from the sleep.

"You passed out on the street and this gentleman brought you here. There is no need to worry, we've already informed your family members." She smiled.

"Oh." I rubbed my eyes as I wore my shoes that were neatly placed beside the bed.

"You still need to rest." The nurse softly gripped my shoulder, gesturing me to lie back down. "Have you been studying too hard these days? You should sleep well instead of staying up and studying." She pointed out.

"Not really." I replied. Study wasn't even in my vocabulary. There is no way I'd compromise my beauty sleep for hours of studying.

"Or do you stay up watching movies and dramas? That's not good for your health." Her questions had really started to irritate me. I wanted to let out an annoyed sigh, but I bit my tongue to keep quiet.