Eight

I haven't hated a bitch in so long, so the feeling seemed a little foreign to me. I didn't like her, that Yojeung girl. It was fine when she was just sitting beside Xiumin and maybe okay when she placed her elbow on his shoulder, but she kept on escalating things on her own. They were linking arms and acting all cozy in front of us.

After their brief introduction, Tao suggested they show me how their regular trainings sessions go on. A few of them decided to help him set the boundaries for their training while the others were lazing around, probably expecting me to socialize. The best way for me to stay on good terms with these people would be to not say anything at all. They didn't have to know I spit fire.

"Sarang." Xiumin called out in his soft, yet slightly pissed off tone. I have no idea what I did this time.

"I didn't fight with anyone though." I defended. "Yet."

"Are you seriously going to go around flirting with my friends?" He asked with his eyebrows knitted in agitation.

"Is there something wrong with that?" I asked. It's true that I go around saying stuff against the concept of love and relationships, but I'm a girl too. My heart is not made of cement. It does flutter when I find someone exceptionally attractive, so why is it wrong to tell them what I think? "Does it bother you that I don't flirt with you that way?" I asked and I swear I saw his eyebrows raise slightly at that. Did I just catch him off guard?

He took an intimidating step forward and leaned in my direction. With his body too close for comfort and his eyes locked on mine, I didn't exactly know if I was supposed to stare back or just close my eyes and run away, so I waited for him to say something. "Trust me, if you pull a stunt like that with me, I'll really make you regret it." His voice was low, husky. I had just discovered this new, unfamiliar side of him. His eyes were burning with passion and something else I couldn't identify. What was this strange feeling throbbing in my chest? It suddenly became difficult for me to breathe, but I didn't want to show him he won this, so I just rolled my eyes and turned around to walk away, only to come face to face with Maeji.

"Your uniform is so similar to the one I wore when I was in high school." Maeji said, her kind eyes and seemingly innocent intentions making room for suspicion in my mind. Why is she being so nice to me? What exactly does she want?

"It's so bland though." I said with a distasteful expression, then realized how brief and uninterested it sounded even if I was only stating my opinion. I wanted to rephrase my sentence, add something so it sounded like I wasn't trying to drive her away, but she just forced a chuckle and walked away before I could say something. I mentally face palmed and turned to look at Xiumin, but he was also gone, now replaced with Lay who was only giving me a pitiful smile.

"You should've been more warm with your words." Lay suggested and I frowned at him. "Don't worry, she must've just thought you're a person that doesn't open up easily." He added. This is why I should just not talk to anyone and stay in a corner like the vegetable I am.

"I bet she hates me now." I scratched an eyebrow. "I didn't do it on purpose." I said and he only laughed it off like it wasn't a big deal.

"Do your frostbites still hurt?" He suddenly asked and that's when realization hit me.

"You removed them?" I asked in surprise.

"How could I just leave you like that? You looked like you were in so much pain." He said and I honestly wanted to hug him and thank him right there because it's been so long since someone has told me such considerate words. But I gulped and remained still. I couldn't even choke out a 'thank you'. It was pathetic.

The supposed training started with Tao and this prince like guy called Suho trying to gather the children and quieten them down.

"You don't have to get too serious with the training today, so who wants to show off with their powers?" One of the guys that looked like a typical flower boy, asked and I saw three boys and one girl immediately raise their hands, Chen included.