Prologue

Hues of red and yellow smeared across the previously azure skies as the sun descended for the day, allowing the evening breeze to take over. The birds were now heading towards their homes, back to their families before the night overpowered. Staring at the alluring sight, I promised myself to stop by and admire my natural surroundings once in a while. Well, not exactly natural since the main city is far from the lap of nature. But, everytime I visit the Hellions' den, it's a serene and pleasant experience.

Today was the last Saturday in November, calling for another one of our training sessions. Most of the Hellions had quite a control over their abilities, but the younger among us like Yojeung and Inha still went a little overboard with their respective powers. We concluded our training by 5:00 pm, but Maeji suggested we stay and watch the sun set.

"It's not like we come here everyday." She added, sounding slightly whiny. Kai shrugged and took a seat on the patch of grass beside her, tugging on Chen's hand to pull him down with him.

"We're staying too." Chanyeol said, with Haru smiling beside him as they sat down a little further.

I turned to look at Yojeung who had probably been arguing with Sehun, since she looked a little pissed off. It's difficult to win an argument against him.

"Do you want to stay?" I mouthed, ensuring no one noticed my inaudible communication. I didn't mind staying, but if Yojeung wanted to go home, I didn't mind leaving early either. She nodded in response. I flashed a small smile in her direction before sprawling out on the grass. It wouldn't make the most comfortable bed, but it wasn't bad either. I stared at the sky, my mind wandering off towards random thoughts like, our planet is a lonely celestial body in this solar system, or this galaxy, perhaps the entire universe. There might be aliens out there trying to reach out-

"You seem to be in deep thought." I heard a voice just over a whisper beside me, probably to avoid disturbing the others. Normally, a day with all the Hellions together is never peaceful. It is a day filled with chaos, friendly insults and boisterous laughter. Today was different, since everyone including Baekhyun, Chen and Haru were silently watching the sunset.

"Nothing, just unimportant thoughts. What about you, Luhan?" I asked him back. He returned his gaze to the sky and let out a deep sigh.

"I don't know." He replied, unsure. "I'm hungry."

I shook my head at his childish answer. Luhan was an unpredictable person. One moment, he was the flower boy who sugarcoated his every word and another moment, he'd behave like an unattended four year old. Then there were times when he worked on his abilities, the fierce strength and dedication glinting in his narrowed eyes. I wondered how Gwen put up with his complex personality, but then I remembered that she wasn't any different.

Gwen was like a silent grenade. It was the best to be on her good side. She never really got angry, but this once, back when we were still in high school, I saw a guy causing her trouble. I barely knew her name that time, but seeing him bully a girl like that struck a nerve. I furrowed my eyes and headed in their direction to her rescue, but before I could even approach them, Gwen had already snapped and punched his nose in anger. Blood oozed out as he whimpered in pain, his hands covering his bruised nose. I gulped and took a step back, concluding that this girl could handle herself.

That is why when I first heard that Gwen was Luhan's anima, I couldn't help but wonder. Is there a logic behind the way our other halves are chosen? Or is it just random people paired up together? How does this work? I considered asking Luhan about this, but quickly disregarded the idea. It will either turn into an awkward conversation or maybe he'll smirk and tease me about being impatient. I didn't want either.

There are times when I wonder, though. What is my anima going to be like? It's so weird because she's under the same sky right now, probably looking at the same sunset and wondering about random things. Is she kind? Innocent? Shy? Or maybe a completely bubbly and cheerful person? However she is, I'm going to accept her for herself.

And then, the negative thoughts start to plunge in. What if I don't like her as a person? Or what if she doesn't get along with any of the other Hellions like Seolhyun? It has happened before and it can happen again. What if I don't end up with my anima? I've heard that it's next to impossible for ability wielders to fall in love with people apart from their animas. I like to stay alone sometimes, but that doesn't mean I'd fancy the idea of living the rest of my life by myself.

"It's already dark guys. We need to drive a long way back." Suho broke the silence as everyone lazily stood up, stretching their arms above their heads.

I stood up to leave, checking my pockets for my car keys and phone, just in case they slipped out when I stood up. They were in their respective places.

"Let's go home?" Yojeung suggested as she linked her arm with mine. Maybe I should wait until it's time for me to cross paths with my significant other.

"Yeah."

I know there wasn't much in the prologue, but I didn't want to give away too much information right in the introduction. I'll be updating every Saturday.