Nineteen

Gwen returned after a while, slightly surprised to find me there, waiting for her. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you. I just wanted to make sure she's not alone." I said. Gwen shook her head in response before we exchanged a routinely 'good night' and I went back to my respective tent.

Sehun had sprawled out, covering both of our places. It was difficult to push him aside, considering his tall figure, but I managed to make some place for me to sleep. I twisted and turned, tried counting sheep, frogs, then whales, then resorted to thinking about life, measuring the speed of Sehun's breath at every inhale and exhale, but sleep just wouldn't claim my mind. I woke up because of Sehun's alarm that rung around the time when the sky was still a dark shade of blue.

Once everyone was awake, we packed our things to leave the campsite, but Sarang was still in a deep slumber. She was half awake when Maeji attempted to wake her up, but her complaints about a headache compelled Kai to carry and teleport her back to the place we were staying at.

"You're all spoiling her way too much." I said, my eyebrows furrowed. It's true. Suho was speechless and just shook his head when Sehun narrated yesterday night's events to him. He looked so tired of her, he didn't even comment. She was sort of safe because Tao didn't know it yet. At any rate, she needs to take up the responsibility for her actions and know that troubling other people like this was not okay.

We all left our fun and happy vacation behind at around 5:00 pm. We were in the bus and Sarang still looked hungover from yesterday night. Her arms were covering her face as she buried her head on her small bag. She sat alone beside the window.

"May I sit here?" I asked, pointing towards the empty seat beside her. She didn't reply, just nodded her head and gestured me to sit down. "Does your head still hurt?" I asked. She shrugged. I remember D.O and Chanyeol working together to make some soup for everyone earlier. It must've helped, I guess. Her casual behaviour suggested that she probably didn't remember anything I told her yesterday night. I didn't know if that was a good thing.

"Yesterday night..." She started, a hint of hesitation in her voice. "You know- I mean, as an ability wielder, you tend to dream a lot, don't you?" She asked.

"Not a lot. Just, sometimes." I replied, still slightly confused.

"So, your dreams include strange things, right?" She asked. I nodded.

"I'm used to it now, so it doesn't even seem that strange anymore." I replied.

"Right? That's what I thought too." She said, still unsure. "Is it possible to dream of people or things other than your spirit animal?" She asked.

"It's a dream. It can be the most random of things." I reassured. "Why? What did you dream of?"

She tensed up, shook her head and gulped. "It wasn't anything significant." She forced out a smile.

"Do you remember anything that happened yesterday?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Kai told me that I stained his shoes with vomit, which I don't entirely regret, but I need to apologize to you." She said, causing me to raise my eyebrows in surprise. It's just so rare to see her apologize like this.

"You're scaring me. What happened to you?" I placed my palm on her forehead. "Is it that bad? Are you sick?" I teased.

"Don't think of yourself as all high and mighty just because I apologized to you. I did it because I feel like a bitch." She looked away. "Gwen-unnie told me about your fear of germs and how it's something you absolutely can not stand, yet I threw up on your clothes." Sarang looked genuinely apologetic and that honestly, scared me. She's never like this, what changed?