"You're welcome, and I made that extra special."

"True. I wish she would have baked for us, but no, she had to make only one." Dad rolls his eyes playfully at my mom, and mom kicks him in the shin. Dad groans, accidentally knocking the table. Chocolate spilled a bit on the table. "That hurts."

"That's because you're being an ungrateful human being."

"I only said what's true!"

"I bake a lot of delicacies, but you like to waste them!" Mom tries to kick dad on the shin again and dad attempts to block it, but ends up knocking his knee on the table. He lets out a groan. "That's what you get for being annoying in the morning."

Grinning at the both of them, I ignore their morning bickering as I get a spoonful of buttered corn. I take a pinch of salt and sprinkle it on the corn. Weird, but I like the taste of it. Salty and sweet. Dad and mom go back to being the lovey-dovey they are, and I pay them little attention as I eat my breakfast. I'm really lucky to have my parents. They have always been my rock, and if I have problems, I run to them and cry my heart out.

Dad busies himself with his food while reading the newspaper, casually taking a sip of his hot chocolate. Mom touches my hand, smiles brightly, and kisses me on my cheek. In just about four days, we're going back to Brooklyn, which means I'll be gone for probably six months or so away from them. The thought of leaving my parents again is making me sad – my leaving is inevitable. I have to go to work so I can earn money and support them, and buy whatever they need.

"You've lost a bit of a weigh, go eat some more." Mom pushes me the sausages and I remember what she did yesterday. She offered all kinds of food to me, and I had to stop her because she was throwing everything all at once.

While I stopped Melissa, I'm not going to stop my mom. She missed me a lot, and I missed her cooking so much I'm not going to let it pass. I nod at her and eat whatever she has to offer. The smile on her face makes me really happy, even though my heart is painfully beating. I should tell her about Wyatt, and she'll give me whatever I need to hear. In the end, I know she's going to support any decision I make – both her and dad, and that's enough.

After the breakfast, we head to the living room and dad configures the DVD, putting a disk in it. We take a seat on the couch, and dad plays the movie. It's The Sound of Music, and we've always loved this movie and the songs in it.

It's six in the evening and I have received a lot of missed calls and texts from Wyatt, and I didn't bother answering them. I'm already freaking out because Wyatt is going to be there and facing him is inevitable.

I could stay here in this house and not go to that stupid reunion party but that would mean upsetting Melody and the others because this is why we came home – so we could attend this school reunion party and to catch up with old friends and enemies and other acquaintances. I let out a sigh and decide that it's better to get this done. There's going to be a lot of people out there and maybe, just maybe, I wouldn't have to face Wyatt and deal with whatever happened last night. His old friends are going to be there too, I guess, so they'd want Wyatt around them. Especially now that he's become a public figure who earns a lot as he's the CEO of a big company, a company that thrives for success. So I guess that's a bonus for me.

Sighing out loud, I step into the shower and let the cold water soak me while my thoughts are still invading my head. I shut my eyes as the water cascade down my body while I let the thoughts inside my head run freely. Wyatt, Kevin, Matt, Melody. I have Melody. Nothing could go wrong in that party, right?