Chapter 30: Switcheroo Part 2

Gidget's Pov

It's been three days since this whole switch partners thing commenced. Nothing's gone wrong. In fact, it's going better than I expected. I can get along with Snowball pretty well, plus he's funny and a nice guy when you get to know him. It's nice to just sit down and just talk as well, which is what we are doing right now in my apartment.

"So not only that, but it's been a fat minute since then, and we're trying to piece together what actually happened. Besides there was no chance to keep up with them since they were gone hours before we got there," Snowball said.

"Wait, I'm confused," I said, narrowing my eyes. "First of all, if you had a ride, why did you walk all the way to Central Park? And second of all, why would you steal something that served no purpose to...whatever you guys were doing?"

"Psh I didn't know bruh even had one, and because it was funny," he said, smirking.

I rolled my eyes, smiling.

"You and your gang...always causing trouble, you know?" I said.

"Yeah I know. We weren't exactly what you would call, 'nice guys'. Plus I had a psychological issue."

I raised an eyebrow. "You mean you have one?"

"Psh, it's going away! It's not that big of a deal now than it was before."

I laughed. "Well I can't exactly be talking, now can I?"

He gave me a confused look. "What do you mean?"

"It's nothing," I sighed. "I've just been having some thoughts lately."

"What kind of thoughts exactly?" he said, turning his head slightly. "Does it have anything to do with your relationship?"

I lay my head down onto my paws and stare out the window in deep thought.

"It's just...I care about Max a lot, I really do. This whole time we've spent together has been the best part of my life so far, and I couldn't be happier..."

"...but...?" asked Snowball.

I frown before saying, "...but sometimes I think to myself...if it was meant to be, and not because of his mistake, but because of me."

Snowball looked at me puzzled for a moment before replying with, "You...? Where is this coming from?"

I looked up at him, "Just think about it. Maybe Max wouldn't have done it if we weren't together. Maybe he deserves better."

Snowball stood up and turned to face me. "I may not be the greatest at this love stuff, but I can tell if someone truly cares about another person or not."

He looked out the window. "And trust me...Max is CRAZY about you. Believe me, he was a mess when you first broke up. If that was me, I would do everything in my power to make sure you're mine and mine only."

I looked at him for a slight moment after keeping my attention on the floor, then I smiled.

"Maybe you're right," I finally said. "Maybe I'm just being paranoid again."

"Hey life is all about change, and I see a big one in Max."

I turned to look at him. "Yeah you're right."

He grinned. "Well duh I'm right, it's me."

"You changed too, Snowball."

His face turned to one of confusion, and he raised an eyebrow to your favorite Pomeranian.

"I'm serious," I spoke, "You changed, and I'm not talking about Molly. I'm talking about you and Snowflake. How you two interact with one another, and you seem, inseparable...sometimes, yet you always go back to one another. And how you treat her, it's truly romantic in my eyes."