Chapter 28: Mysterious Figures Appear!

Max's Pov

As Snowball and I were walking home from The Dawg House, we basically just talked and talked and talked.

Hm, not much else, I guess?

"It's a fluke!" I said. "It has to be a fluke!"

"Why you say that?" Snowball laughed. "The hammer is only lifted by those who are worthy, and Vision is worthy."

"But should it count?"

"Pfft, I hope not. Then again it wasn't surprising that he didn't lift it again in Infinity War."

"Huh, I still haven't seen it."

As those words left my muzzle, Snowball stopped dead in his tracks.

"Seriously?! You haven't seen it?!" he asked.

"It's fine," I replied calmly. "Katie will probably get it on DVD or something. I assume it was good?"

"Yo! It was the best movie of the year!"

"Ha! I'd be shocked otherwise. And what about Snowflake?"

He smacked his lips. "Well, I didn't see it with her."

And now I stopped dead in my tracks.

"Um, care to elaborate?" I asked as calmly as I could.

"Hehe, well...she was busy at the moment and- DUCK!"

Suddenly Snowball pushed us to the ground, out of the way of a flying dumpster. We saw people and other animals running from the scene.

As everyone cleared out, I sat up, asking, "Where in All Dogs Go to Heaven did that fall from?!"

"I'm not sure!" Snowball replied, looking around.

"Well if it isn't obvious...," we heard a voice from up above.

Snowball and I both looked up to see two dark figures on a rooftop, cloaked in black looking down at us. One ginormous and one small and slender. It was very difficult to see their faces.

"...it was my dear, good subordinate. I have to say...some nice reflexes, otherwise I would be very disappointed in you, Snowball," the smaller one spoke.

"You know them?" I asked, looking at Snowball.

He didn't even reply, and he had a very serious look on his face.

"We still have some unfinished business with you," the small figure continued. "Our leader still awaits your answer. If you could make it easier, you shall come with us to discuss further-"

"I'm sorry!" Snowball cut him off, "The Flushed Pets' leader's office is closed today! So do us all a favor, take your slender behind with your hulk sized friend, grab whatever stuff you got, and get outta here!"

"I'm afraid we cannot do that just yet-"

"Um we're kinda busy at the moment," I spoke up, "so can we like, not do this today, or any other day, as a matter of fact?"

The small figure glanced at me, which gave me the chills, and back to Snowball.

"Rabbit," he spoke, "does this insubordinate mutt speak for you? Because if not, then I'll gladly take it off your paws."

...Screw you, too, I thought.

"Not at all, I speak for myself," replied Snowball. "And as my friend clearly stated, we are busy at the moment..."

Snowball then got in to a fighting stance, with a deadly glare on his face.

"...so I suggest you'd better leave, or else you wanna catch these hands!"