Chapter 17: She's, Well...Uh...A Friend?

Angeline's Pov

I'm locked up in a kennel in the dog pound truck. On my way to the dog pound. Probably won't get out, ever.

I'm just glad that Max got away. Guess this is what I deserve for ruining his relationship. I'm just waiting for it all to end. I wish I could have done more though.

"What are you looking all sad for?" a random dog asked.

"I may have ruin someone's relationship. And I helped that person escape from the dog pounders."

"Did you know them?"

"Not exactly, but I feel like I did."

"That's a really brave thing to do. Sacrifice your freedom for theirs."

"Yeah. I hope he got away."

I layed my head on the kennel floor. As I waited to get to the pound, the truck suddenly stopped. I held myself in place. I looked around confused to what happened.

I then heard many voices. A guy getting thrown at the truck. Must be the guys who caught me. Then the truck started moving again, but fast.

Afterwards the truck toppled over and slid into a wall I'm guessing. It was all quiet. Then the back door opened. I saw a white bunny. He began asking everyone in all the kennels for something, then after letting them free. He came to me last. Then he asked...

"Are you Angeline?"

"Y-yes," I replied, stuttering.

"Hey we found her!" he yelled out to someone.

Then who I saw walking in surprised me. He walked up to me and smiled.

"You didn't actually think I was gonna let them have you?" Max asked.

I smiled and chuckled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Snowflake's Pov

My friends and I talked with Gidget for a short while, keeping her company until Max and Snowball to get back from whatever was important. Duke and Bolt went out with the boys to waste time while they were gone. Max and Snowball didn't even tell us where they were going or what they were gonna do. They just up and left, in a hurry.

"When are they coming back?" Velvet asked, again.

"For the umpteenth time already. We. Don't. Know." Kat said, annoyed.

For real though.

"So like I'm confused," said Autumn. "Are you and Max back together?"

"No," Gidget replied. "We're just friends. Its gonna take a while for him to gain my trust again."

"Huh it's kinda like you Flake," Kat joked.

I narrowed my eyes at her. "Don't bring up my personal life Kat. And besides, him and I aren't friends. I hope to never see that two-timing, shifty, deceiving, son of a-!"

"Okay, okay! Calm down! Calm down," Autumn said to me, cooling me off.

"Hey they're back!" Velvet yelled.

We saw Snowball, Max, and some random female dog come in. They sat down, lightly panting.

"I need to stop doing that for a while," Snowball said.

"Yeah, I don't know how you do it," Max said.

"Uh sorry to interrupt, not really, but who is this?" Kat asked.

They looked to the female, at each other, then to us.

"Max?" said Snowball.

Max cleared his throat. "She's, well....uh...a friend?"

Silence.

"So why is she here?" asked Kat. "Did you find another girlfriend that fast!?"

"No! No no no. She isn't. She's a friend Snowball and I rescued from getting put in the pound."

"...Just now?" I asked.

"Yeah, pretty much," Snowball responded.

"Well okay," Gidget said. "I'm going home. Bye guys."

"Bye Gidget," Max said.

"Uh huh."

Wow. She really doesn't care as much anymore.

"I guess everyone's leaving," I said,"so I'm gonna go to."

I kissed Snowball on the cheek. "I'll see you later baby."

"You too," he said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Max's Pov

"Bye Gidget," I said.

"Uh huh," was all she said. I was kinda hurt when she said just that. Man, not even a bye. I really messed up.

Soon everyone left. Then It was just me, Snowball, and Angeline.

"Why didn't you tell her it was me that was the cause?" Angeline asked me.

"Cause I don't want to put it all on you," I replied. "It was partially my fault, too. Plus it wouldn't help much anyways."

"So you're not gonna tell her?" asked Snowball.

"Nah. I don't have to. Its not important. She doesn't need to know. And it would make it worse if she found out I was friends with the girl I mated with. So..."

"Gotcha."

"Well you guys are welcome to leave whenever. I'm tired as hell. *yawns*"

I walked to my bed and layed down in it. They started walking out, not before Snowball saying,

"Have a nice sleep for once again."

"Shut up."

Hope you guys like this chapter. I just went with it. So, yeah, they ain't getting back together for a while. I'm pretty sure I'll have them though, so don't complain your asses off. Again, busy with homework. Went out shopping. Helping Official_MaxTheDog with his chapter as well. Check out his story, [The Secret Life of Pets: Time of Change]. My OC Snowflake will "probably" be in it as well. So check it out, I really like. And thank you guys for your support. Leave a comment, and I'll talk to you all later.