Chapter 6: Avoidance Part 1

It's been almost two months ever since Max has finally removed all his bandages. He has kept in touch with Gidget, but not this week. For some reason Max has been off without Gidget since the beginning of the week.

Gidget's Pov

I woke up from my couch again, my fur looking like bed hair. I wanted to see if Max would go out with me today. Today was a special day for me, too. It was my birthday! And I wanted to spend time with him. It's like he's been avoiding me on purpose this whole week.

I jumped onto the windowsill and said, "Hey Max, any plans-", but I stopped because I didn't see Max at all. So I decided to go over to their apartment. I saw nobody.

"Max? Duke?" I called out. Maybe Katie took them somewhere and they forgot to tell me. Yeah, that's it. I hope they'll be back from whatever they're doing before my birthday ends. Or I could ask our friends where they might be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why should I care where they are?" Chloe said, tiredly. She can be so grumpy from time to time, but not this grumpy.

"Because they're our friends," I replied.

"Well I don't know anything if your asking me. I wasn't even invited to your birthday, so should I even go?"

What!? Why would she not-!? I thought to myself.

"I've said before the only ones who are always invited is, and I quote,'Max, Duke, Mel, Buddy, Tiberius, Norman, and Chloe.' So your welcome whenever."

"...Oh. Okay then."

"So are you going to tell me where they are?"

"I already told you I don't know where they are, honest."

"-sigh- Alright, I'll ask Buddy then."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Buddy, are you home!?" I asked loudly to get his attention. I looked through the window and saw no one.

"Hello!?" I yelled again.

"I'll be right there!?" I heard Buddy yell. I heard a lot of noise and then I saw Buddy come to the window and let me in.

"So, whatcha need?" he asked.

"Do you know where Max is, and Duke of course?" I asked him. I saw his eyes widen.

"N-no w-why would I?" He stuttered.

"Why are you stuttering?"

"A-am I? I didn't notice."

He looked suspicious, like he was hiding something from me.

"Are you doing something?"

"Uh yeah, yeah I am, so I'm gonna have to ask you to leave, okay?"

"Alright I'll just ask Mel."

"Uh Mel is busy, too. He said he had to do something."

"Well, what about Snowball?"

"Off doing other things, too."

Okay, what? "Okay, before I go, do you know what today is?"

"Um, Saturday?"

"No I meant do you know what special day it is today?"

"No I don't think so?"

"Oh well I'll be off then. Bye."

"Alright bye."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now I'm home, with nothing to do. Max and Duke are gone and neither of our friends don't know where they are. And what's worse is that nobody expect Chloe knows it's my birthday. Something isn't right though. My boyfriend and his brother are gone, no one knows where they are, and only Chloe knows it's my B-Day!? I'm not buying any of it. I have to see what's going on, but first let's see what Buddy's up to.

Chapter 6 done. Again I meant to publish this earlier, but I had school work, A LOT! So I'm back on track, and it's Thanksgiving week, so I'll be off from school. Doesn't mean I won't have any plans for Thanksgiving. Leave a comment, and I'll talk to you guys later.