Chapter 7: Avoidance Part 2

Gidget's Pov

Okay, right now, all I know is that Max and Duke are gone, Buddy and Mel are doing other things, and Chloe is the only one that knows my birthday is today. It is currently 10:23 A.M., still pretty early. I'm scoping outside of Buddy's apartment waiting for him to leave so I can follow him to dog knows where. Not the weirdest thing I've done though, I thought to myself.

I thought I was gonna have to wait for a while, until I saw the long dog walking towards the window. I quickly hid behind some flowers that were on the steps. He jumped out his window and walked down the steps. Now I got you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I followed him down a couple of streets for almost 7 minutes. I was beginning to wonder what WAS TAKING SO LOOOOONG! Then he finally stopped by a couple of dogs. I hid behind a lamppost. Then I saw Max and Duke. There they are, I thought, now what were they doing? I quickly moved closer behind a pair of cardboard boxes. I saw them talking to each other, once I listened in more then I heard, "Only...now...I...can...get...Gidget...away...from...me," Max said. What? I moved in closer behind a building. I could hear them a little more clearly now.

"How was it?" Duke asked. How was what?

"It was great. She's a lot better than any other female dog I've been with," Max said. Any other female dog?

"Are you sure? Because if so, I would want her as well," Buddy said.

"Well she was a little rough in the beginning, but at the end she made me feel a lot more pleased. I wouldn't mind having her again." Pleased!?

"What about Gidget?" Duke asked.

"I wouldn't know, Gidget never gave me one."

"Now I want one again," Buddy whined.

"Well to me it seems like you want more than that." They all laughed.

"So anyways, how's the, you know what, going?" Max asked.

"It's going great. Just have everyone meet up at 3:00," Buddy replied, "at Central Park, remember that."

Then they all dispersed.

I stood their shocked. I never would have thought...

"Is Max cheating on me?" I thought out loud.

"He probably is."

I jumped up in fright to only see behind me, was Tiberius.

"Tiberius, you scared me!?"

"Oh sorry. He he."

"What are you doing here?"

"I was out hunting for breakfast, and I saw your boyfriend and his friends talking, then I saw you, so I stood behind you also spying on them."

"I wasn't spying, I was...um..."

"Yeah...not spying" He smirked.

"Whatever, doesn't matter. You and I heard what they said."

"Yep. I heard all of it." He chuckled.

"I thought he wouldn't but I guess you were right."

"Maybe or maybe not."

"What about my birthday? Did anyone remember that? Except for Chloe?"

"Well I did."

"Well good for you!" I started crying a little, but Tiberius wouldn't let that happen.

"Hey cheer up. It's not over yet, it's 2:48. We can do something at Central Park."

"-sniff- Well, okay I guess."