Chapter 19: Klaus Doesn't Want Her To Know

Start from the beginning

~Fiore POV~

I sat outside with Hayley and Elijah, explaining to them the contents of the damaging journal that Mary had showed me.

"It belonged to her husband." I told the two lovebirds. "He wrote it in the build up to his death so most of it is rubbish but there's stuff about Hayley's parents in there."

"What does it say about them?" She asked quickly.

"Ramblings about how they were traitors because they were allied with vampires." I handed the book to them and Elijah flipped through the pages.

"His writing deteriorates as his thoughts do." Elijah commented.

"In the end he couldn't even form a semi-coherent sentence." I replied before turning to a shell-shocked Hayley. "Hayley, I think the Hollow made him kill your parents."

~Klaus POV~

Klaus: Elliott, I haven't heard from you in a while. Please tell me you're safe. I need to know that you are safe.

"Klaus! I was worried!" Klaus froze at the sound of Freya walking over to him, completely terrified at the thought of hurting her too.

"Freya, stay back!" He commanded.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't want to hurt you." He told her shakily. "But I can't trust myself."

"I trust you." She said as she walked towards him but he turned around and ensured she kept her distance.

"I SAID STAY BACK." He yelled. "I have underestimated our foe. The Hollow is more powerful than I thought! It made me see things and do things."

He turned back to the sacristy where he was cleaning his hands only to see his reflection. His eyes the signature blue of the Hollow. He hit at the water in frustration, unable to see a way out of his predicament without killing Marcel and losing everything.

"Then let me purify you." She told him as she gingerly stepped towards him with the cleansing spell. She began to chant and Klaus thought he might have found a way out only for her to stop with a deeply concerned look.

"It's sprung too deep." She said quietly. "But I know what it wants."

"For me to kill Marcel, or him to kill me." Klaus told his determined sister. "I can't do it. Fiore would never forgive me."

"No, Fiore will never forgive you if you leave your children fatherless." Freya told him sternly. "Klaus, if this thing is demanding a sacrifice—don't let it be you."

"Freya—"

"Find Marcel and end this." She continued. Klaus knew he had no choice and was now resigned to his situation, clenching the dagger in his white-knuckled fists.

"Don't follow me."

**********************************************************************************

Klaus entered the abandoned witch house where Marcel was stood. He stared him down grimly when the door suddenly slammed shut.

"it appears as if we can't leave until one of us is dead." Klaus told him.

"I know you're seeing things Klaus." Marcel told him. "But I have a way to fix things for both of us."

"And I suppose I'm just to take your word?" Klaus scoffed.

"Don't be stupid, you know you can't beat me." Marcel said, rolling his eyes.

"Oh, can't I?" Klaus asked teasingly as he held up the dagger. "You see courtesy of my dear sister, you're not so unkillable after all."

~Freya POV~

Freya walked through the quarter in search of her brother as well as calling Elijah on the phone to inform him about their situation.

"Elijah!" She exclaimed when he picked up. "You need to get back here otherwise Marcel will kill Klaus."

"What about Fiore?" Elijah questioned as he prepared himself to leave.

"You mustn't tell her. Klaus doesn't want her to know." She hung up the phone and he gave Hayley an apologetic glance before going off in search of his brother.

~Klaus POV~

"Of course!" Marcel snapped. "You say our feud is over but you set out building a weapon that can kill me."

"Well I wouldn't need it if you could be trusted!" Klaus snapped.

"Then trust me now and we'll both make it out alive!" Marcel shot back.

"How can you trust yourself?" Klaus asked warily.

"Spelled beads keep me safe from this damned thing and if I bury this here then we're done. Alright? No need to fight." Marcel told him but it was to preoccupied ears. The Hollow had crept up behind the original vampire, still in the form of Mikael.

"He hopes to lower your guard with his lies." It told the Original. "Then he will wrench the dagger out of your hand. Don't be a fool."

"I am no fool."

~Fiore POV~

"Where's Elijah?" I asked Hayley and she gave me a sheepish look. A look I didn't trust. "Hayley, whatever it is you're hiding, it is not worth it."

"He—" She gave me a reluctant sigh. "He went to save Klaus from Marcel."

"What?" I asked in a panic.

"They got infected by the Hollow. And now it wants them to kill each other."

"And no one thought to tell me?" I asked her in disbelief.

"Klaus said not to." She explained.

"Well then. Marcel just became the least of his problems."

A/N: I hope you enjoyed! If you did, please vote, comment and follow! Love you as always!  X