Chapter 26-It's For Your Ears

Chapter 26
It's For Your Ears

Lucien POV

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

Ten minutes later I'm walking side by side with Alexei following the others to another room, a larger and brighter one. It's white except for the stage set which looks like a music classroom.

Without time to waste as time here is money and literally, we're directed in turns to our positions on the set, in groups or individually. Makeup artists, assistants and the photographer start fussing and for me the time on stage goes with a blur.

When the photo shoot is over in two hours, I remain behind the hustle and notice the drums, a keyboard, some violins and two guitars, one acoustic and the other electric. Everybody is busy but I don't see any reason why I couldn't, so I take the acoustic guitar, sit down on one of the chairs and start playing quietly.

I choose an easy, familiar song which is on my memory as I haven't played in over a month...and this feeling is enchanting.

My fingers are a bit rusty but I have played for years so it doesn't really affect the flow. Because there are other people in the room, I'm enough self-conscious that I just play the song through.

I imagine being home in my room or in the living room playing for my family. The guitar reminds me of home and I love it.

I don't want to end the song but when I do, I snap back into reality and notice at least two pairs of legs near me. I look up properly and blush immediately, Liesbet stands there watching me with wide eyes and Alexei has an unreadable, hard expression on his face.

"You play guitar? For how long have you played?" Liesbet asks.

"Since I-I w-was t-thirteen" I tell them, putting the guitar down on its place as my hands start to shake. I did play here but I wasn't mentally prepared for this audience. "T-this j-just r-reminded me of h-home..."

"That was really good, and that song isn't the easiest so you're really good" Liesbet says and I think my face is bright red at the compliment. "Though you're not usually allowed to touch the set ups, I'll let it go this time. You really like playing guitar, don't you?" I nod. "When you come back here after Thanksgiving, we're going to buy you an own guitar like that. Now, let's go, you two have a plane to catch."

Oh, yeah. Alexei is going home for Thanksgiving, which is tomorrow, and thanks to Mr. Blumenfeld, he's taking me with him. With him, to his home!

I'm not too sure Alexei likes the idea himself, but at least he's not repulsed by my company. If he really hated me, he would have the chance and money to say no.

So, I'm a little comforted by that...he's not forced to take me along. I can't go home for Thanksgiving, but at least I'm getting somewhere out of here for the rest of the week.

And oh, no, we're not taking a normal airplane because of me and because of both our fame. We're flying with Alexei's private jet. He has a freaking private jet! Not everybody has own private jets like him but Modeldas has and every model here travels with them because of schedule, baggage and less chaos in the airports.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

We take seats on chairs next to each other and I look out of the window having got the window seat until we're soon taking off.

"It's for your ears" Alexei says with a small smile when I said "n-no, thanks" to the bubblegum he offers me.

Ears? Well, I haven't heard of that possibility of use before. I'm not an expert of flying, having been on an airplane only once and that was years ago when we moved.

I take the two bubblegums and hesitate for a moment before starting to put them in my ears.

"I still haven't understood how and why chewing the bubblegum helps the air pressure in your ears during the takeoff" I hear Alexei's assistant ponder out loud behind us and I turn beet red immediately.

How stupid can I be! Though in my defense I'm very nervous, my mind isn't working normally. I glance next to me and luckily Alexei's attention is on the magazine he's reading, so I discreetly take the bubblegums out my ears...they weren't all in so it's okay...and slip in my mouth.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

---

💋
It's looking like this story will be longer than my others, because Lucien and Alexei will take their time to know each other and then realize their feelings. You'll see what I mean ! So let's be patient, though I don't see the journey will be boring either 😘💜