Chapter 20

Cautiously, I opened the door. The figure standing there had their head down patiently before looking to me. "Damien," I gasped.
I heard Patton whimper and looked over to my good friend. He looked frightened while he hugged himself. Though, Logan was another story. The way his face was tilted, his hair fell from its normal place and made his eyes look like a steely grey.
"Hello, Virgil," Damien spoke with sorrowful tone.
"Wha-how'd you know that I live here..?"
"I had a hunch...I also didn't knock on all of the neighbors doors. They were delighted to see me."
"Ah, well." I glanced around to the other two, "come take a seat on the couch."
Damien nodded and walked in with a bag strolling behind him. I gave Logan a look before sitting with Damien. "It's terrible to see you worse again." He muttered, fidgeting in his seat.
I huffed, "thank you, but I have to ask...why are you here?"
He quickly grabbed my hands and looked me in the eyes, "I'm sorry for what I-Deceit did. I don't know what it was but you were gone the next morning."
He was telling the truth. "It's okay, Damien. It wasn't you."
"What's happening here?" I hear and look over to Roman, who had a hand on his hip.
"Ro-Damien was apologizing."
"It's not just to you, Virge." Damien stated, even though his truth talk was conflicting him, "I recognize all of you in the room and I'm sorry."
"You're lying," Logan crossed his arms and stood with dominance.
"He isn't, Logan!" I confront him, frowning at the resentful brainiac.
"How do you know that?"
"He is truly trying to apologize, it's really conflicting for him."
Logan looked in between us and huffed. Damien looked down with hurt. I sighed and held his arm gently, "I'm sorry, Damien."
"It's....okay. I understand. I would be hesitant with me too." He rubs his hands together in his lap and looks to me.
I sigh and remember the bag he brought with him, "Damien," I glance from the bag to him, "why did you bring a bag?"
"Oh," He looked to the bag as well, "I was....kicked out of my flat and I...had no where to go."
"You expected join our's...?" I questioned him as he looked back at me.
He was hesitant before nodding, "Yes."
"What?" Roman shouts from the entrance of the hallway.
Well this is something to discuss.