Chapter 3

{A/N: This has the same trigger warnings that were in the last book about Virgil's past. Just read paragraph 5 to the end if you need to.}

{TW; suicide, physical and emotional abuse, starving, parent leaving/divorce, bullying, and forgotten.}

          Roman didn't shake Christian's hand. He was pissed that he clenched his fists til his knuckles turned white as he stared at the man's hand. He heard the murmur of voices, but he couldn't hear through his rage.
        Logan and Patton were confused on what was going on with Roman. Roman was the only one who knew about Virgil's past, so they didn't know why Roman was acting off. They noticed once Roman lifted his head to an extremely aggravated face. "You....you scum," Roman spat out at Christian, stunning the other two, "You uncaring fucking scum."
      Roman gripped Christians collar and pushed him harshly against the wall in anger, making Patton yelp in fear. "You! You ran away from him! You left him alone! You are the reason he has anxiety and depression which I was helping cure, all of us were! You left him to mourn for his brother's suicide alone as his mother blamed him! He felt so much blame but it was you and his own mom to blame, you coward! At least he stayed strong and didn't die after his brother's death! He struggled through years of pain and finally left and the fact that you finally show up once he almost dies? Pathetic. Some kind of father you are."
      Roman was panting with tears running down his face through anger. Everyone was stunned. It was silent besides the quick breathing coming from Roman. Everyone looked to Virgil, wondering if the commotion had woken him up. It hadn't.
       A mutual sigh of relief filled the room, which was also depressing too. That made Roman recognize Christian's existence again and snarled at him. The other two pulled Roman off the older man. "You coward. I hope you didn't get remarried and had kids with her. If you did, well that fuels the fire within me." Roman mutters at the older man and pushed himself from everyone's grip before crossing his arms.
        Christian was stunned by the younger man. He couldn't even say anything in response because Roman spoke the truth, down to the last bit. He didn't cry, though, because he didn't want to show him that he had won. "Well, it seems I'm not wanted here." He said, pulling in his jacket, "Have a good day, boys."
        Logan and Patton told him goodbye as he walked out after moving Virgil's hair from his face to see his boy one last time. Roman glared him down as he left the room. Once the door closed, Roman paced the room while he muttered about Christian. He hated the man with a fiery passion.
       Patton went up to his brother and reached a hand out to him, "Roman, you need to calm down."
      Roman gestured to his pacing feet, "I'm trying, okay? It's hard. His dad is such a..." he groans and takes a deep breath.
      Patton sighed and grabbed Roman's hand before pulling him over to the unconscious Virgil. He took Virgil's hand and placed it in Roman's, making him hold his boyfriend's hand. He knew that would calm his brother down and It did. Roman sat down in the chair that Christian was in and sighed. Roman looked up to the two, "Sorry, I just know-"
      "You just know Virgil's past well." Logan said, stepping forward over to Patton, "I knew he had a hard past time."
      "How? He only told me," Roman muttered with a brow raised.
      "Haven't you noticed the way he never brought up his family. When you guys showed him pictures of us as toddlers, he never once looked for a picture of himself or he didn't have one. He gets uncomfortable at the thought of childhood and he started crying during big hero six. So, yes. I noticed."
        The brothers looked at the other who was more observant. Patton then shifted, "I-I didn't know...I feel so bad." He murmured and rubbed his arm.
        Logan rubbed his side and leaned over a bit to look at his partner, "It's okay. I think he didn't want you to get hurt..."
        Patton nodded before stopping abruptly. His lower lip quivered before he started to cry. Not wanting him to get hurt. That's why Patton wasn't where Virgil was. Virgil just wanted him to be safe.
       Logan's expression turned to worry along with Roman. Patton wiped his own eyes and gestured to Virgil, "What you said...reminded me...", but he couldn't finished since he started to sob again.
     Roman realized it and his face fell to a sullen look. He walked over and hugged his brother. Logan slowly realized what was happened and hugged them both. As long as Virgil was out, and even when he wakes up, they wouldn't forget how caring their friend was.