Chapter 4

After his classes ended, Roman went to his after school rehearsals for the spring musical. It brought all of his energy out from his day. The dancing, the singing, and pretending everything was different was so draining.
Once he finished, he waited after at the university. He did this from time to time since, "Hey, Roman! Sorry, I'm late."
He turned around and gave him a smile. "Hey Elliot," Roman called as the shorter one ran up to him.
Elliot and him had become close when Virgil went into the hospital. He told them everything and they vented to Roman. It was a good relationship they had going. It allowed them to become best friends and not just because they had to.
"You always seem to be late or rushing everywhere, bee." He teased and pushed their shoulder lightly.
"I tend to be that way a lot. I just don't like being late, but my counseling appointment went a little late today." Elliot chuckled lightly as he rubbed the back of his head.
Roman nodded, "well, at least you got something out of it.", then hopped into his car, "what would you like to eat tonight?"
"Maybe some...McDonald's," they thought as they hopped into the passenger seat.
"You always want McDonald's."
"Okay, maybe pizza will be fine. Does that make you happy?"
"Oh absolutely."
They both chuckle as Roman drives off.

They walk out of the hospital, tossing out their napkins and pizza box. They both smiled, but the sadness was hidden in it. "It's not...it's not the same." Elliot murmured, looking at the ground.
Roman sighed and wrapped an arm around their shoulders, "I know, it really isn't."
Elliot looked up to the older boy that his best friend loved. It was their first time seeing their friend since before the incident. They felt distraught over Virgil just stuck in bed, not doing anything. It was so different.
"Did I tell you that I met Virgil's father?" Roman looked to his shorter friend.
"You Met Virgil's dad?!" Their eyes widened in surprise.
"Yeah, I almost choked him to death but I didn't."
"Jee maninny."
"Yeah, That was when patton and Logan came to the hospital with me."
"That must have been an interesting visit. I haven't seen that man since I was young." They couldn't grasp a clear memory, but they knew that they had met Virgil's father before.
"Oh really?"
"Yeah, it was ba-" then someone cut him off.
"Yo, Roman! Hey, Buddy!" The two looked to the voice and saw a sunglasses and black bomber jacket wearing individual catching up to them.
"S?" Roman walked away from Elliot before he hugged the other. "S!"
"Hey, Bro-ha." S pulled away and leaned on a hip, sipping water from a Starbucks cup, "What's the haps?"
"Nothing much just-"
"S? Your name is S?" Elliot asked with a wondering tone.
"They call me S because I sleep in class." He chuckled and Elliot nodded in response, not quite sure what to say.
"Anyways, you were saying?"
"Oh-Yeah! I'm having a party at my place tomorrow night so you guys are invited and your other two buddies, Ro."
"I-I don't know," He didn't want to explain to S that he needed to be there if Virgil wakes up. "I'm quite busy."
"Oh I'm sure you can open up time to relax a little."
"Possibly. How about this? I'll call when I'm on my way, okay?"
"Got it," S gave Roman a clap on the shoulder and Elliot's hair a tussle, "See you guys later!"
S sauntered off and Roman smiled after him until he left sight. Then his face fell to a sigh, "Last party I went to was when Virgil and I had our first kiss." Roman muttered and Elliot looked up to him.
"Guess it's going to be pretty different this time around, huh?"
Roman scoffed, "Yeah."
With that, the two headed back to the apartment for a bit of friendly bonding time.

{A/N: Who's S? Dunno 😏}