Chapter 15

"Virgil," I hear from behind me as I have a spoon settled in my mouth.
         I hum in reply and look back to see Logan stretching his arms. "Would you like to join me on a morning run?" He inquires and I pop the spoon out of my mouth.
        "Yeah, I guess," I mutter, "just let me change."

        It was way too early for this. 5:20 is way too early for a morning run. The air feels like a cold pipe when I breathe in and joints feel rusted. Why did I agree to this?
         At least Logan stayed beside me, yet he was doing better. Like some kind of god, his posture was still excellent and he kept his stoic face on. How he wasn't a panting and wheezing mess? I'd never know.
         We got to a crosswalk and waited a bit, but he kept jumping in pace. "You know," he huffed, "the most natural way to  help with anxiety and stress is to take a walk without headphones."
         The light changed and we jogged across, yet Logan kept on talking, "it allows you to process and take in the beauty of nature while releasing positive chemicals in your brain."
          "Oh," I panted, trying to talk to him, "maybe I'll try that sometime."
          "Possibly," his lips curled faintly.

        We got to a coffee shop and did some light stretches before walking inside. I was sore everywhere. I probably looked like a dog that just came out of the water after swimming for five hours. A drenched, heaving mess.
         Logan turned to me and chuckled softly. "How about you find us a seat and I'll order us some coffee."
        I nodded but gasped, "something iced and a venti."
        "Of course," He then walked off to the register.
         I waited and watched out the window. Nothing much was happening or maybe I just couldn't hear over my heaving. I decided to sit up and take a few deep breaths to steady my breathing. I just didn't want my heart to be overworked once I got something caffeinated in my system.
         Logan waltzed over, holding an iced drink and something else. "Let's walk back home," He stated, "I won't torture you with another 5 block run."
         "Yeah, thanks for that." I grumbled and headed out with him.

       He got me a Frappuccino after a 5 block run. I finished it before we got home and it was a venti. His made it all the way home and it was a grande. Wait. How do I know all this coffee terminology?
         Whatever. Logan made it to the shower before I could because I fell back onto the couch. Onto someone's lap. "Well good morning, sunshine." The other said and I look up to him.
       "Roman," I grumbled, "morning to you too."
        "Have fun with Logan?"
       "Yeah, now I'm soaked in sweat," I smirked back at the cockier boy.
        He gasped and whined "Ew! No no no no! Get off!"
        He started to push me off of him and I snickered lightly, gripping onto his shirt. He continued to cry and fight me off but I only sat up to hug him. "Oh this is nice," I teased while I hugged him tight.
         He seemed to hesitate which made me look up to him. He was stunned but blushing before he pushed me off his lap. I groaned and rubbed my head as my vision seemed to sway and dissociate. Did I hit my head?
           "Oh god," I heard Roman mumble but distantly, "I'm so sorry."
           "Roman?" I reach out to him as he hovers beside me, "I feel...feel like...dissociative."
          "Shit, no," he seemed to plead before crying out, "Patton? Patton! We gotta take Virgil to the clinic."
           I hear farther murmurs as my sight darkens. What's happening? "Ro," I force out, gripping his hand tightly.
          He seems to look back to me and pats my face, "stay awake, Virge. Stay with us. Stay with m..."
          My vision goes black.