Chapter 10

I wait patiently at a bus stop, waiting for Damien to get home. He was suppose to arrive soon, but the bus was running late. Hopefully Deceit wasn't the reason for it or something else. That wouldn't be pretty.
I hum as a wait, fiddling with his sleeveless gloves I was playing with. Oddly enough, I hear someone call my name from the distance. I look over and see someone rushing toward me. Is it...?
"El..?" I mutter as I get up.
They almost knock me over since they ran up and gave me a hug. "Woah, Hey!" I hug them back and stabilize myself.
"Hey," they step back and look at me, "Where have you been?"
"With Damien. He's been letting me stay over."
Their face drops and they fiddle with their phone, "with...the Damien?"
"Yeah. What's wrong with that?"
"Oh!" They smile once again, "nothing, nothing."
I then notice the bus pull up before looking back at Elliot, "Sorry, I have to go."
"No worries. Let's text later then?"
"I don't have a phone.." I mutter and look back at the stop.
"Oh, Uhm...have mine. I have a spare at home." They hold out their phone to me.
"Really?"
"Yeah! It's all good, I promise."
I smile softly and take it, "thank you, El."
"Welcome." They smile and wave as they walk off, "see you around."
"You too." I walk over as Damien walks off the bus.
"Hey, Vi," He says with a hum in his voice.
"hey. I made dinner." I tell him as I lead him inside, "It's in the microwave."
"Thanks" he responds as I sit on the couch, looking at Elliot's phone they gave me.
I'm glad they had a back up that I could use. I open it up and look through it, opening up every app. I don't know if I had any of these apps, actually, so I can't log back in the accounts.
That sucks. I go ahead and play a game on the phone instead since it luckily had no log in. Damien comes up and sits up next to me, with his plate on his lap. "He-What's that?" He asks and I look to him.
"Oh," I look back at the Phone and turn it off, "it's Elliot's spare phone he gave to me."
"Oh?" He asks, holding his head and blinking a bit.
I put a hand on his shoulder and pause my explanation. I wait for him to stop blinking before he smiles wide at me. "You got a phone?!" He exclaims excitedly.
"Yeah..." I give whoever this now was a look of confusion.
"Oh, Sorry, Sorry," he chuckles,"I'm Patriot."
"Patriot? Okay, I've never met you."
"I know. I know. Damien and Deceit usually run the show which is amazing of them."
I watch as he eats the food to hum in delight. "This is scrumptious, Virge."
"Thank you," I mumble and fiddle with the phone.
Damien has two alters; Patriot and Deceit. One is bad and one is good..? I hope he's good. Damien deserves a good alter since he, personally, has done nothing wrong.
"Thank you," I hear him mutter again, tiredness dripping in his voice.
I look over and brush his hair out of his face, "You okay?"
Damien looks back at him, "Just Tired." He stretches out with a sigh.
I nod and take his plate, "let's head to bed then."
We both get up and head in different directions; Damien going to the bedroom and I make my way to the kitchen. After setting the plate in the dishwasher, I follow Damien into his room.
He was already curled up in bed, so I close the door quietly and climb into bed with him. I feel him shaking and I place a hand on his shoulder, "Damien, can you turn around?"
He stops shaking and hesitates before rolling over to look at me. His eyes were puffy with tears along with his dampened face. "Damien," I move in close and hold him, "What's wrong?"
I watch as more tears fall, so I wipe them away with my thumbs as he explains, "I don't know."
"Then what is it?"
His eyes widen at me," I don't know what's wrong."
He wasn't lying.
"I'm so sorry. I wish I could help."
"This is good enough help as I can get."
I smile faintly and hug him, "good."

Then there was a urgent knock on the door.