Chapter 13

I stayed at this apartment for a few days after the incident with Deceit. Something with the atmosphere seemed to change. It was happier? I wouldn't know, I didn't live her before that.
Elliot kept me company as a friend/bodyguard for 2 days after that. He said he didn't want his old phone back even though I had my own. Weirdly enough, the others said I shouldn't have it yet.
As homey as this place does feel, it has secrecy and restrictions which worry me. Is it me? Am I the reason that they have a bunch of restrictions? What are they hiding from me if they do? The anxiety ate me up.
I sit in the lone chair at the window, watching the brick wall with no excitement. I decided to leave the others alone. They didn't want to tell me everything anyway.
Suddenly, hands hold the arm of the chair. "Hey, Virge. Wanna make some cookies?" Patton chimes as he leans against the chair.
"Uh, sure? I guess." I get up and he excitedly rushes over to the kitchen.
I scoff and follow in suit. How can someone be a literal ray of sunshine? He's like Rapunzel or something.
I watch him grab all the ingredients for what looks like oatmeal raisin cookies before he pulls out even more ingredients. He turns and looks at me, "oh, sorry. Forgot to tell you what's all happening here. I'm having a bake sale at the Cedar Wood Charity Center. That's why there's a lot."
"Yeah I saw the extra ingredients." I stated, making the other giggle in response.
"Sorry. I need you to make some chocolate chip cookies while I make oatmeal raisins." He then grabs supplies and tools before handing me instructions, "Incase you need them."
"Thanks," I set them by my bowl and strip off my maroon jacket.
Patton comes over with an apron on and a bow clip in his hair to keep his strawberry blonde locks out of his eyes. "Let's get cooking, shall we?"

After a bit of work, we finished up placing the last cookies in the final pan. I wiped my forehead with the back of my hand and let out a breath of air. "Wow, you must be tired from baking all the time." I comment but Patton shakes his head.
"No, it usually hits later when the adrenaline goes down," he smiled softly and starts to clean up our mess.
I closed my eyes at the twinge of pain in my head. Baking with Logan and Patton. Patton and Logan are boyfriends with the help of Roman and myself.
I blink a bit and notice the amount of flour is everywhere. Patton was almost head to toe in it. Logan. "So," I started with an awkward slur. " You and Logan are a thing...?"
Patton blinks a bit and smiled brightly in joy, "Yes! We are! He's a very sweet guy, but A bit reserved. I got him to open up a lot, only to me though."
"Are you two speaking about me?" Resting his hand on his hip as he carried an empty glass, Logan gave us a subtle smile.
Patton twirls around and giggles, "we were!", before rushing up to give him a kiss.
"Great," he rubs his nose bridge while blushing in embarrassment.
"It wasn't-I didn't-" I sputter a bit but Logan interrupts.
"It's okay, Virgil." Logan pats my elbow, "I'm glad you are regaining your memory at a steady rate."
He turned to coffee machine and pulled out a notebook from beside it. How he had notebooks everywhere, I don't know. He held it out to me, "I want you to record every time you regain your memory, always have this on hand."
I hesitated before taking it, "sure, I'll try. It occurs in dreams too. That's how I knew both your names."
Logan nods and hums in thought. "Well, just know that you have us to ask questions to." He tells me and Patton holds one of my hands.
"Yeah! We are also here to help you if you're anxious or anything like that." He smiles whole heartedly.
I give him a crooked smile back, "Alright, well I'm off to my room."
"'Kay," Patton continues to smile to me as I walk off, "be sure to be out for dinner."
"Of course," I say at my door with a warm smile that quickly fades once I hear a door click shut.
I look back to Roman's room with the door decorated with cursive 'R' which happened to be swinging. Odd. He hasn't left his room all afternoon. I set the notebook on my dresser and knock on the door.
He doesn't answer so I knock again to be polite. He finally opens the door and looks at me. "Oh," his expression wavers, "Virgil. Didn't expect you to knock on my door."
"Yeah, me either, Princess." I joked and hesitate, "can I come in?"
"Uhm, sure! C'mon in." He holds the door open long enough for me to slip in.
"Wow, nice decor, Love it or List it." I look at the array of lights; chandelier, fairy lights, to candles.
The warm musk of apple crisp and cinnamon fills the air as I sit on his white rug. I watch him clean his bed and desk from his mess and hides it away in a box under his bed. "Sorry," He states, "it's usually cleaner than this."
"Really? That was a mess?" I scoff and lean back against the bedpost.
"Yes! I'm a very clean and organized person."
"Uhuh," I smirk and he rolls his eyes with a huff.
"What do you want, Crow?"
"I just wanted to ask-"
I stop what I'm saying once I see a woman in a summer dress appear beside Roman.
"What? What'd you want to ask?" He give me a look of confusion.
I had a different question for him now.