Jean Pierre wrapped one arm around her waist from behind, keeping her in place, while the other hand remained on the scalp of her head, keeping her at his mercy. His cigar breath hit her in the face as he snickered vulgarly into her ear.

"You excite me," he grinned. His words shook her to the core of her bones when he slipped his hand under her shirt and began feeling up her stomach.

Oh, God.

Soo-ji squirmed against him, using every limb she could to fight against the strong hold against her.

She closed her eyes tightly shut when his large hand began roughly tugging on the cup of her bra, his fingernails digging into the skin of her breast as he groped and clawed at her.

Her vision blurred from the hot tears clouding her senses. Her knees fell limp, her ears vaguely registering the whimpers and sobs coming out of her mouth.

No one's going to help.

And she hated herself, again, for being the hopeless, useless girl everyone had told her she was.

A few metres away, Kai held Chanyeol back.

"Don't interfere!" Kai warned him in the struggle, "we're done here. Let's just get the money and get out!"

A piercing scream interrupted them and Chanyeol snapped his head to the direction of the distressing cry.

To his horror, Jean Pierre had one hand on her lower stomach, fumbling around the strings of Soo-ji's shorts, while the other hand wrapped around her hair so hard that her head tilted upwards towards the ceiling.

"Chanyeol!" Kai yelled to him, desperately bringing his attention back by shaking his shoulders vigorously, "listen to me! Choi Soo-ji is not our responsibility anymore! She's no one, she's just a distraction, you'll get bored of her soon! Don't be reckless and get a fucking grip on yourself!"

His chest constricted suffocatingly in pain the longer he watched Soo-ji. The degradation, the helplessness and the mere fact of watching her get hurt hurt him more than anything.

It was then that something snapped in him.

It was then that he decided to make a decision.

It was time to admit his feelings.

And flashing an infuriating glare at Kai once, long gone was the conflicted, indecisive man. Instead, the powerful, strong leader of the XV Gang returned.

"She's a risk I'm willing to take." He said to Kai, then pushed him aside as he whipped out the pistol from the back of his belt, took aim and shot.

An explosion-like sound shook the walls of the room. Screams and shouts were heard next as everyone took cover.

The immobilising restraint of Jean Pierre's arms slithered away from Soo-ji. Gasping for breath, she spun around and directly at her feet laid Jean Pierre, a bullet hole in the middle of his forehead as blood gushed out of the gaping hole. His unblinking eyes remained still and open, no sign of shock or tremor on his face as Chanyeol's clean shot killed him instantly on the spot.

Unsuspecting.

Unexpected.

Soo-ji stood paralysed; the puddle of his thick blood creeping towards her shoes shocked her into oblivion.

Then, a gust of wind whooshed past her as she was suddenly pulled into someone's chest, her head just missing the surge of a bullet penetrating through her brain.

She looked up, and recognised her saviour to be none other than Chanyeol, who was now pulling her towards the corner of the room. Flipping over a mechanics table, he dragged her behind it.