This is Totally Canon

Quick Note: I probably got the kissing part all wrong. Never kissed anybody, so I really only have books to tell me what it would be like.

---------------------------------------------

"Just getting through it, right?" Fitz asked nervously.

"Yeah, yeah," Jemma answered just slightly calmer than him. "Stops the teasing, right?"

"Hopefully," Fitz muttered. "Okay, how do you want to..." he trailed off.

"Just, um, sit there?" Jemma fumbled over her words, growing increasingly awkward. "Or would you rather stand?" she added quickly.

"Just," Fitz began, the slightest bit frustrated this was taking so long. "Relax." It was meant for the both of them. He took a step towards her, and Jemma tensed up. When he began to lean in, she jumped back with a grimace.

"I'm sorry, I can't do this. This is too weird." She rambled off other excuses and tried to hide the fact that she was really looking forward to this. Because that was wrong. Fitz was Jemma's best friend, and she had to respect the friendship.

"Yes you can, Jems." Fitz whispered. Jemma nearly melted; when he called her 'Jems' she had no choice but to do what he said.

"It doesn't mean anything." he assured her. She sort of wished it did.

Jemma let out a shaky breath when Fitz placed his hands firmly on her shoulders. She closed her eyes in an attempt to lessen the anxiety rising inside her.

"It's just a kiss." he whispered.

Jemma's head was screaming, but her mouth stayed silent. Kisses aren't 'just'. Kisses would never be 'just'.

A quivering hand reached up to her face and brushed a strand of hair away. Fitz leaned in farther. Jemma opened her mouth to protest, but Fitz shushed her.

With eyes squeezed shut, Fitz leaned the final distance and smashed his mouth into hers. For about two seconds, neither moved, mostly because they were unsure how to. Then Jemma hesitantly opened her lips slightly and caught Fitz's. Fitz grew confidence and began to move his lips against hers until they had to break away. As Jemma drew her face back, her lips brushed against his again.

Jemma gasped softly when she was away, while Fitz swallowed hard. They were still close, so Jemma buried her face in Fitz's shoulder. He snaked his arms around her waist in a comforting hug.

Despite all the mental yelling Jemma did, she started crying. Crying because that was the best thing she'd ever felt, and crying because she would never be able to feel it again.

"Was I really that bad?" Fitz asked. Jemma could hear the hint of a smile breaking out onto his face.

"No, it was good." Jemma whimpered, wishing she hadn't. "Very good." She cleared her throat, wiped her tears, and stepped back.

"And now we won't have to endure the 'Fitzsimmons haven't snogged anyone' taunting every class." she added with a choked laugh. Fitz snorted.

"Are we good, then?" Fitz asked, genuinely concerned. "We don't tell anyone about this?"

"Yeah." Jemma promised. They both knew their classmates would probably figure it out anyways. Troubles of going to a school of geniuses.

"See you tomorrow in History, then?" Fitz strode to the door.

"Or I could see you right now and we can watch a movie?" Jemma suggested. She really wanted him to stay.

"Okay, someone enjoyed that kiss a little too much." Fitz teased. Jemma blushed, but allowed him to sit down on the pleather couch as she slipped in the Avengers.

"It was good." he whispered as the movie began.