Jemma's Journey: Part Four

Jemma Simmons sat in the dusty library of the academy a day later, wondering what exactly she was going to do next. She was back at the academy, she'd visited her own dorm where Fitz and herself had spent so many long hours. It was all out of order, though. She didn't remember the sequence of memories, just that she had once studied the history of S.H.I.E.L.D. with him and another time they had laid in her bed and talked about the future and a different time Fitz made a really awful chemistry joke. She had to go in sequential order, like Fitz would do. Jemma usually thought about everything in order of importance because her job was like that. But Fitz thought in sequences, like when he would make a repair to the Bus or assemble an icer.

She arrived at the academy first. She got her class schedule and dorm assignment. She went to her first History lecture and met Fitz, a socially awkward Scottish guy at the front of the class: both physically seated in the first row and greater mentally than his classmates.

Stop there. Analysis time. The first time she met him they talked briefly about their homes and pasts. To be specific, they talked about their parents' wisdom and teaching. Did he already love her then? Is there anything he said that could have been questionable? No. He fumbled through his words, but not because he had fallen in love with her. Leo was just troubled in having conversations with peers. He still is.

Jemma moved on through memories of their first year together, of taking him to her parents and meeting his parents and of studying in lots of places, and was unable to decipher a starting point. She moved on through their second year and then their third, still finding no trace. Had it not happened at the academy? What if she came all this way for nothing? Surely she had discovered something new about Fitz or her feelings towards Fitz, but both were constant as ever. Maybe this was a sign that what they had was meant to be a friendship, nothing more.

Jemma sulked at the idea. How would she tell Fitz this? He would wake up with a brain injury and she would have to pull him aside and reject him after he had saved her life. It just wasn't meant to be.

---------------------------------------------

Auhor's Note: Lol Jemma, no. I do not agree with what I wrote, okay? It's just going to lead into the next chapter, okay? I'm sorry if this upset you, readers. I'll try to continue quickly so you don't die waiting.

Sorry it isn't very long, I'm at a competition at a college and I've kept busy! I will be back and updating on Sunday! Thanks for your patience!

Peace Out.

-Hannah : )