Twelve Days - Day 6

Quick Note: This is a little sad/unexpected.  Sorry...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"These chocolates are like my motivation to get up in the morning," said Skye as she grabbed her advent calendar out of the cuboard. They had gotten eleven of these cardboard chocolate advent calendars from World Market that had twenty four chocolates each, one for every day of December before Christmas.

"Hey!" Fitzsimmons looked up from their breakfast and early-morning astronomy conversation. Skye had dropped her calendar on the counter and stepped back in horror. "Who ate my chocolate?" She looked up from the empty space and stared accusingly at the scientists, some sort of fire lit behind her eyes. It was honestly terrifying.

Fitzsimmons glanced at each other nervously as Skye approached them. She grabbed Fitz's tie and pulled him up to glare at him in the eyes. The plane started shaking slightly, Skye's powers showing.

"No," Fitz sputtered, barely able to get the word out because of the choking. Simmons, who had been paralyzed by shock, seperated the two and forced herself in between.

"Skye, that was ridiculous!" Simmons shouted. "It was a gram of chocolate, for God's sake!"

"That was my reason for existing today!" Skye snapped, then stopped shaking the plane and stormed away into the back hallway. Fitz looked at Simmons anxiously, his eyes still bulging from Skye's assault.

"Skye!" Simmons called, hoping she hadn't done something drastic.

"Why should I talk to you? You betrayed me!" Skye yelled from her bunk, sending a tremor through the plane.

"You can have my chocolate!"

"Really?" Skye was back in an instant, smiling all the way to her ears.

"Really. You have to apologize first, though."

"I'm sorry for going all 'Daisy' on you guys," Skye said, already rifling through the cuboard for Jemma's calendar. "I mean, it's scary, but it's hella cool."

"Can't argue with that," Simmons said with a smile, already back to her breakfast. Fitz was still extremely frightened, having not dealt with 'Daisy' as often as Simmons. After a snapping of Simmons' fingers in front of his face, though, his fear dissolved and he went back to normality.

---------------------------------------------

"Thanks for dealing with that nicely. I'm still working with Skye on controlling her powers, or harnassing them into something good." They were back in the lab, away from Skye, and Simmons was finally comforting him about the 'Daisy' moment.

"Yeah, it's a little unnerving at times, but I try to go with it," Fitz replied.

"Thank you for being so understanding, really. It's important that Skye feels accepted with the team, so that she doesn't go to her father again."

"Hey, I understand. Traumatic experiences can do bad things to someone's mind..."

"Fitz," Simmons stopped him, sounding as distressed as she had been when they had first started talking after she had been undercover.

"It's true, Simmons.  Skye and I could be damaged friends."

"You aren't damaged, Fitz.  It's just a delay.  You are going to heal," Simmons tried desperately, but she knew Fitz wouldn't ever hear her completely.  Then, wordlessly, she gave Fitz a big hug, trying anything she could to help him.

"I was the one that ate Skye's chocolate," Fitz whispered seriously, and Simmons let out a gross cry-laugh.

"It's okay.  She was becoming too dependent on that calendar every morning."