Thirty-Nine

NEW COVER ^

Two Years Later

"Did he do it? Did he ask her??" I asked Harry as I ran up to him. We were a week away from Christmas and Ron had been planning to ask Hermione to marry him for the past three months. 

"No, not yet." Harry shook his head still looking out the window. Ron and Hermione were out in the yard. 

"Bloody hell, they've been out there for almost thirty minutes. She's going to get suspicious."

"This is Hermione we are talking about Hanna." I shrugged my shoulders once Harry had said this, he wasn't wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if she figured it out by now. By now all of us were watching out the windows to see if Ron was finally going to propose. After another ten minutes or so Ginny yelled
"He got down on one knee!!!"

"Did she say yes?"

"Is she going to say yes?"

"SHE SAID YES!!!" We all started cheering as the two hugged, it was about damn time.

~~~~~~

It had been a few weeks since Ron and 'Mione had gotten engaged and about a week since Angelina had moved in with us

It had been a few weeks since Ron and 'Mione had gotten engaged and about a week since Angelina had moved in with us.  The apartment above the joke shop wasn't that big and Jasper and I had been talking about looking for a house for the two of us. I've been working more at my grandfathers shop now, according to him I've been making great improvements to my wand making. I do still help out at the joke shop, more so when it comes to creating new products. Jasper is the only muggle to be in Diaggon Alley everyday, but with Kingsley being Minister of Magic we've gotten the okay from him since the only time anyone sees muggles is when it's just before the school year starts, or during the breaks. Other than that it's just witches and wizards. 

"Merlins Beard!" I shouted as I ducked under the desk. A wand I had been working on had exploded, Dragon Heartstring is a nasty piece of work, very very temperamental even though they tend to create very powerful wands. If I remember correctly I think 'Mione's wands core is Dragon Heartstring. Grandfather now only uses three cores, one of them being Dragon Heartstring, the other two being Phoenix Feathers and Unicorn Hair. I had been reading about other wand cores in a book that survived when the shop was almost destroyed by Greyback and a few other Death Eaters during the war.  Some of the cores are either not strong enough or are to dangerous to use at all. 

"Everything all right in there Hanna?" I heard my grandfather ask from his small office

"Peachy."I said as I looked at the soot covered table "Just peachy." Cleaning up the pieces of wood and tossing them into the bin I walked over to my grandfathers office in the room next door.

"Your mother had the same problems when she first started."

"She was going to be a wandmaker?" I had asked

"It is a family business." my grandfather said with a slight chuckle "She said she wanted to open a wand shop near your father but learned that she couldn't when told that the wands were given at Ilvermorny."

"Right I forgot that was a rule of Ilvermorny, the choosing ceremony happened at the school and the students had to leave their wands there as well." I rolled my eyes at some of the ridiculous laws the had in the 1920's. Then Scamander  indecent happened some of the laws were lifted but that was mainly for magical creatures. "How long did it take mom to become a wand maker?"

"She was your age, around 22. You look so much like her." We ended up sitting in the office for nearly two hours talking about my mom and our family. The light fading outside the window finally caused me to notice how late it was starting to get. 

"I should probably head back home." I said after I looked at my watch, it was almost 7. Thank Merlin it's Jasper's turn to cook. "I'll see you tomorrow." I gave my grandfather a kiss on the cheek before leaving the shop to head back to the apartment above the joke shop. Thankfully it was barely a block away being at the split in the road.  

"Hey I'm home!" I said after I closed the front door behind me, placing my coat on the coat rack. 

"Dinners almost done" Jasper said from the small kitchen, making my way into the kitchen I saw that he was covered in flour and I had to hold in a laugh as it turned into a snort. "What?" He then asked

"D-did you get into a fight with some flour?" I had chuckled

"I was trying to make some biscuits."

"Why are we having biscuits for dinner?"

"No those kind of biscuits Han."

"Oh! Those!" I exclaimed once I saw what Jasper had meant

"Oh! Those!" I exclaimed once I saw what Jasper had meant. "Where are Angelina and George?" 

"They went to Angelina's parents place for dinner."  

"That's today? I thought they were going next week." I was slightly confused at that.

"You've been busy at Ollivander's Darlin'" Jasper said a smile on his face "Anyways how is the wand making going?"

"Blew up wand number 627 today, we also talked about my mom, what she was like." Jasper had pressed his lips against my temple after I said this. I leaned into him laying my head on his shoulder. We stayed like that for a couple minutes before Jasper went back to finish dinner, I sat down at the table as we talked soon enough dinner was ready and we both started eating. 

"Jasper, is everything okay?" There was this look in his eyes and I couldn't tell what was going on

"I'm okay Darlin' just a bit nervous."

"Nervous about what?" Jasper had shifted on his chair

"I, uh I have a question I want to ask." Jasper said as his cheeks turned a light pink

"Jaz, are... are you?"

"Hanna Swan, will you marry me?"