Four

~Hanna~

Sitting in American History waiting for the class the start I had gotten out my notebook and a pen, 'Bloody Hell this is weird' I had thought then out of the corner of my eye I saw the boy from only a few moments ago and that the only open seat was next to me. Once he sat next to me, I heard "Hello again" in that soft southern accent. 

"Hello" I said giving him a light smile 

"My name's Jasper, Jasper Hale" 

"Pleasure to meet you Jasper, I'm Hanna Swan" Then I noticed the pain in his eyes again. "Are you alright Jasper?" I had asked 

"Fine, just a headache" He said "Are you related to Bella?" 

"Um yeah, we're half sisters, she doesn't like me that much though." I said 

"Why's that?" Jasper then asked 

"I don't really know actually, she's lived with her mum for the past few years, I had been in school in the UK when she moved back during March. Up until that point it had been just me and dad." After I said this the bell had rang to signal the start of class and through out the class Jasper and I had been glancing at each other. After introducing the class, what'd be learning and a syllabus the bell had rang again end first period. "Jasper, do you um, want to hang out sometime? You know to do school work, I've been so use to the UK system that it's a bit difficult to back on track with the American system." I asked him as I had packed up my bag. 

"Um yeah sure." Jasper said a bit shocked. 

"Great, um here's my number, maybe I'll see you in another class yeah?" I said handing him a small paper with the cell number that dad had gotten me last year. 

Yeah, see you soon" Jasper had said as we both left the class room heading in different directions. Maybe, just maybe this year wouldn't be so bad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been a few weeks since the term started and today was currently Isabella's birthday, not that she was happy about it. Dad and Renee had gotten her a camera and a scrapbook, I had made breakfast. I was surprised when she said thank you because she normally doesn't take anything I give her. Dad had asked us to get along and I'm trying, it also doesn't help that Isabella and I don't know each other very well. The heartache is slowly going away as well, even though Edward looks like Ced, I don't feel the pain anymore. Ed and I can actually hold a conversation after getting use to him being constantly over. I've met the rest of the Cullens at school as well. The seem alright, it's strange that they have similar features even though they're all adopted. It also seems as though they are all hiding something and that Isabella knows about it, it doesn't help that I'm also hiding the fact that I'm a witch from Isabella. But dad and I agreed it'd be best not to tell her, for she would tell Renee and who knows who Renee would tell. Also muggles in America aren't supposed to know about magic at all. Dad's one of the very few muggles who know about magic.

The school day had gone somewhat slow, the exam in English Lit was somewhat easy. The pop quiz we had in American History was simple enough thanks to Jasper helping me with notes when I couldn't keep up. Jasper and I have a strange friendship, some days he's okay being near me other days he try's to be as far away as possible. He's told me it just headaches that come and go. There have also been times when it's sunny out and none of the Cullens are in school. Isabella tells me they go hiking when its nice like that. It's currently lunch and I'm going over my math notes for an exam that's next week and Jasper is sitting next to me with a bottle of water just watching with an amused look as I had told him how much I hated the subject. I honestly rather have potions with Snape. As I thought about Hogwarts I remembered the letter I had gotten the other day from the Weasley twins, saying a horrible woman from the Ministry is slowly taking over the school, or trying to anyways. Also that they are saving up the money for the Joke Shop that they are going to open up, I'll have to go back to London for the opening. I smiled at the memories of the twins pranks in school. Closing my note book I sigh and say "I bloody give up with this math exam." Jasper lets out a light chuckle and I smile at the sound, it's only been a few weeks but the sound of his laugh makes me happy. As the day goes on I can't wait to go back home, after lunch, a sick feeling started in my stomach and according to Jasper and a few other students I looked a bit green. 

Once the day was over, Jasper drove me home in my car as Ed was driving Isabella home in his car. 

"You going to be alright Han?" Jasper asked, my eyes were closed and it felt like I was going to be sick, I just gave him a so-so sign with my hands. Minutes later the car stopped, "We're at your house, will you be able to walk or do I need to carry you?" 

"I think I can manage" I mumbled slowly getting out of my car.  "If I make it to the couch I'll be good, thank you for driving me home Jasper." I said 

"Anytime Darlin'" Jasper said with a smile, this was one of the times where he used that nickname, and with his accent I was slowly beginning to like it. "I'll stop by tomorrow to see you" then Jasper went to Eds car and they drove off, Ed would be back in a few hours to pick up Isabella for a birthday dinner at the Cullen house hold. I on the other hand was in for a long long night.