Thirty-Three

Over 28 hours had gone by and I was sitting at my desk rereading the same book for the second time. Jasper was lying still on my bed, the potion hopefully taking effect. I had made blood replenishing potions 15 hours ago. Suddenly my phone lights up, it's a text from Alice. She's had a couple of visions over the past few days, one was of her finally meeting her mate. 

'He'll wake up soon.' The text from Alice had said. Letting out a grateful sigh, leaning back into my chair. Alice is a God send. 

Another half an hour had passed since Alice had sent me the text and I had moved on to a new book. Suddenly I heard a light groan and my head turned to Jasper so quickly that I though I was going to give myself whiplash. His fingers had moved ever so lightly as he slowly started to open his eyes as I got off of my chair and started to walk over to him.  I stopped moving when he sat up holding his head before looking around. 

"Hanna?" He asked slightly confused

"Hey there Jaz." I said giving him a smile. He tried to stand up only to stagier a bit. I quickly went over to him and helped him up. That's when he hugged me, one arm around my upper back and the other around my wait as his head was buried in my hair. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him back. He didn't feel ice cold anymore, it felt weird yet nice at the same time. Looking up at Jaspers face after pulling away only just a tiny bit, I saw that his eyes were brown. There were still golden amber flecks in them.

"That's going to take some getting use to."

"What???"

"Let's get you over to the mirror so that you can see your eyes."

"Oh wow." Jasper said has he leaned closer to the mirror.

"You're going to need take a replenishing potion over the next couple of days." I told him "I have a batch made and it should last for two or three days." Walking over to my desk and grabbed a vial of the replenishing potion and gave it to Jasper.

"That tastes disgusting." Jasper said as his face scrunched up and I laughed.

"It's not supposed to if it's going to work!" 

"Hanna, how long was I out?" 

"Almost 29 hours."

"Really?"

"Yeah, why?"

"It felt like minutes had gone by, not hours."

"It felt like an eternity waiting for you to wake up Jaz."

"My apologies Ma'am. So.... when do you leave for England?'

"Tomorrow."

"Tomorrow... Hanna.... Is it alright if I could...."

"If you could come with me?"

"Yeah."

"Yeah I think I'd like that." I said, both of us smiling like no tomorrow. That is when we heard the doorbell ring.