(18) 5 months later

5 months has passed since everything happened. 5 months that I've been engaged and 5 months that I have been pregnant.

My stomach it showing now which I love. It's annoying but I love. I don't look like I'm 5 months pregnant, I look like I'm 7 months pregnant.

I don't know the gender yet, we will find out when we have a gender revel party which is in 2 days and I'm excited for.

I walked into the precinct, Brandon is home sick. So it was just me today. I walked into the locker room, and placed my duffle bag into my locker.

"You gotta so big." Eddie, Jamie's partner and lover said in aw.

"I know right." I smiled. "It's so hard getting up and stuff."

"I bet. Do you know the gender yet?"

"No, not yet. In 2 days we all find out the gender. Are you coming?"

"Wouldn't miss it for the world." Me and Eddie walked out of the locker room where Jamie was waiting for her.

"Hey sis."

"Hey Jamie." I smiled, and walked away.

My uniform barely fit me. I'm to big for it.

"Hey Katelyn." Vinny Cruz my old partner said coming up to me.

"Hey Cruz. What's up?"

"Nothing much, I'm your partner for today." He said as he took the keys out of my hand.

I laughed, and tried getting them back but instead he handed me a coffee.

"I'm driving Cruz."

He laughed. "No you aren't."

I sighed, and followed him to the car getting in the passenger seat, I held my coffee and buckled up.

"Don't drive to fast." I laughed. "My baby doesn't like it."

"How's that going? Still being able to work while pregnant?"

"This is my last week working sadly. Then I'm on desk duty." I spat at the last words.

"Don't worry it will be fine!" He smiled.

"If you say so."

"12 David, all responding units we have a 10-13 and all officers needed."

"12 David, Officer Cruz and Reagan are 12 mins away." Cruz said as he quickly spon the car around.

I held on to my coffee. He speed all the way to the location. He parked the car in the middle of street.

A bank robbery. "Stay in the car." Cruz said.

"No way! Never leave a partner behind." I got out of the car, and pulled my gun out of my holder.

Cruz stayed in the front while I made me way to the back.

We separated even though we weren't supposed to.

"12 David Officer Reagan do you respond?"

"10-4." I responded to the person talking.

"Stand down. I repeat do not go inside." My head captain said.

"10-4."

I slowly opened the back door, I wasn't going to listen. I held my gun in my hands.

I got low to the ground and hid behind the wall. I pecked out a bit and saw everyone on the floor. I saw the officer on the floor it was a rookie. God damnit.

I lowered my radio, and crawled on the floor.

"Hurry up man!" The one robber yelled.

"Sh." I placed my fingers on my mouth.

I stood up quietly. "Police hands up!" I shouted.

The robbery quickly turned around and faced me.

He shot, but I quickly bent down.

I got up, and position my gun.

"Drop the gun!"

I was about to fire, but he fired and hit me. I feel to the ground.

The suspect fell down after me.

"10-13! 10-13! We have two officers down! We need 2 bus now!" The Officer yelled, Cruz ran in and hand cuffed the one robbed he saw.

"He told you to stand down Katelyn! Why didn't you listen!" Cruz yelled, as he kneeled down next to me. "Why didn't you listen?!"

"I couldn't let innocence people die!"

"12-David, who is shot?"

"Officer Dawson and Officer-" Vinny stoped talking.

"Who else?"

"Officer Reagan."

"I'm fine Cruz, I am."

"Where did you get shot?!" He yelled.

I wanted to close my eyes. "I don't know!" I panicked. "I'm scared Cruz, am I going to lose my baby?"

"No baby." Cruz said. "You aren't going to lose your baby, I promise you that okay? Just stay awake for me."

I wanted to close my eyes, my head was getting dizzy.

"I don't wanna lose my baby." I cried, as I held Cruz hand.

"Don't cry don't cry." The emt, came in and started working on me. "Please don't leave my side." I cried to Cruz.

"I won't."

"We need to rush her." The emt said to the other one.

"We will."