(5) I'm sorry. I'm so sorry

The day before Joe's death

"You promised me! You promised me that you'd stop working with the Blue Templar!"

"How?! How can I stop! You think it's that easy! Why don't you take my stop then!?"

"Gladly!" I yelled to Joe as we walked into his apartment. "I rather have me get hurt then you!"

"Why?" He raised a eyebrow.

"Because you have an amazing fiancé, who your about to get married to, and me. Joe me, I don't have a boyfriend."

"You'll fine someone."

"Joe, it isn't about that. Listen you have a life to live, you have a fiancé please don't go let me take your spot!"

"Katelyn...I'll be fine. I always been fine I'll be fine now."

Here we go with Joe being suborn like always, I hate how this runs in the family. It's so ridiculous.

"I know you'll be fine, but what if you aren't please let me take over for you tonight."

"No I can't let you. I'll tell you the place though alright?"

I nodded my head.

Later that night

I watched carefully as everything was going down. I hide myself in the bushes so nobody would see me.

Cause if they see me that means trouble.

I looked around carefully.

Joe and the person started arguing about something I just wanted to break in right there.

But I couldn't, I can't.

The gun shot went off. Joe fell down to the ground.

The person took off running.

I couldn't believe my eyes.

Is this really happening?!

"10-13! 10-13 officer down! Officer down! Requesting a bus at my location. Officer Reagan is down!" I yelled on my walkie talkie as I ran to Joe.

"Joe! Joe!" I put my hand over the wound where he got shot applying pressure. "Please stay with me."

His eyes started to close slowly. "I'll be fine..don't forget about me, I love you Kate-" His eyes shut.

I kept my hands on the wound. "No stay with me! Stay with me Joe!" I sobbed and didn't let go of the wound until the ambulance came.

I watched as they took him away.

I still had his blood on me.

His blood on my hands and clothes.

His blood on the ground in a puddle.