(16) I love you more then life itself

"Katelyn!" Brandon called for me. He's currently on bed rest, he got released yesterday.

But he can't work until January which is only a month.

He gets workers pay thank god.

"Coming love." I called as I walked into his bedroom.

I'm staying at our apartment to help him. We still didn't decide who's apartment we are moving into.

Or we might just get a house, buy one.

"Are you feeling well?" I asked walking over to him.

"Yah." He respond not talking his eyes off photos he was looking at. I sat at the end of the bed.

"What you looking at?" I was curious.

"Why didn't you ever tell me about that night with Mikyla."

"The 3 amigos." I shook my head sighing. "I never thought about the night since it happened. It took me 4 years to start driving again. Every time I would get in the drivers seat and touch the steering wheel I would break down. It was my fault."

"You know that isn't true right?, Boss did clear you."

"I know that boss clear me." I laid back next to him. "That night, we went to a party too celebrate, but Mikyla ended up getting to drunk, I was drunk but not wasted. I told her that I'd call us an Uber home, but she didn't want to since she needed her car for tomorrow, so I said I'd drive home cause I didn't need her to. We drove it was the worse mistake I made in my life. I don't know what happened but when I came to I was in my car, the wind shield was cracked, I saw a fire fighter out side in the front of my car, and well I shifted to the side, that's when I saw Mikyla, she wasn't alive."

I looked at the picture with him, of me, Mikyla and our other best friend who is now my ex fiancé.

It was the three amigos, then the two amigos now I'm the only amigo left.

"I didn't know."

"Yeah nobody did, only kelly my ex fiancé, and Mikyla parents, my friend didn't even know."

"Wow, why?" He laid his head in my lap.

"I just couldn't tell them. I couldn't tell them the truth."

"Why not?"

"It was so hard losing Mikyla my best friend, my best friend since elementary school, the only person who wanted to be mine and Kelly's friend."

Tears rolled down my face.

"What happened to Kelly?"

"He couldn't do it...it couldn't take the pain. The pain of losing his best friend, and the pain of me being depressed and falling to the dark hole."

"I'm so sorry love." He said as he wiped my tears away.

"No no...it's okay..I just can't help it."

I didn't tell Brandon that we are pregnant it's just not the right time.

Once he's better it's the right time.

But right now it isn't the right time.

It's been 4 1/2 years today, as the death of Mikyla. I still can't seem to get over it.

I know I need to.

The phone staring ringing. So I carefully moved Brandon's head and got up and went to the kitchen.

"Hello?" I said as I picked up the phone, and sat on the couch.

"Katelyn, oh it's so good to hear your voice how are you?"

"Mr.Smith, wow it's been so long? I thought you didn't want to see me again."

"It's time to move on, I know it wasn't your fault. I'm calling cause I wanted to know if you could stop over tomorrow, Evie isn't doing so good."

"What do you mean?"

"The death of Mikyla hurt her so much that I had to stop telling her after awhile. Now she thinks that she is still coming home. It will be good for her to see a face she knew before."

"I'll be over tomorrow." I smiled. "I'll see you tomorrow Mr.Smith."

"Alright." I hung up the phone and sighed. I miss them.