chapter nine

O n e  month  l a t e r

Posted 1 hour ago

liked by therealdonnysavage, kellyrowland, saintrecords, and 19,740,001 others

officially.sade I'm so happy to be back to work and in the studio😘Thank you to all my fans and family who kept those prayers up🙏 S1 Coming Soon💜

~10,288,758 comments~

"Um excuse me? You've been here for two weeks and you've managed to eat all my bacon. It's 4 o'clock in the evening dude."

"Well, to be fair, we shared it."

I shook my head as my dad stood at the stove, cooking bacon in his Gucci slides. He's been for a few weeks and we're working on our relationship. Just as a father/daughter duo, my mother could care less about him and the issues he wants to fix.  So, he's been staying next door to me in the same condo.

When I got off of bedrest, the first thing I did was end things for good with Omar because it was the right thing to do. No matter how much I was starting to really love him, I can't be playin' side chick to a married man. Plus, I have better things waiting for me on the other side. Like, Donnell.. Yeah, we're doing something, I don't know what it is, but it's happening.

"So, your birthday's next week." Dad states the obvious.

I nod my head. "Yeah. What about it?"

"You're the big 2-1! What are you gonna do?"

"Umm, I'm actually not really up for a big, loud, birthday bash this year." I inform the man eating a crispy piece of bacon over the stove. "I was thinking something, a little more intimate with the family."

Dad nods his head and shrugs. "I can see that. You know, you never did like big birthday parties, ever since you were a little girl."

"That's because you stopped coming around and you didn't plan them anymore." I say softly as my eyes glaze over the top of my shoes. "I missed you everyday and everyday, I thought that maybe just maybe, you'd come to my next birthday. By my 15th one, I knew you weren't coming to one anytime soon."

Dad just swallows his saliva and drops the piece of bacon that was once in his mouth back onto his plate. "Well, I'll be here for this one. Unless, you don't-"

"No!" I quickly cut him off causing him to jump a little bit. "Please, be there. Whatever I do, just promise me you'll be there."

"Okay..." Dad nods his head slowly. "I'll be there."

I smile and I feel a buzzing in my pocket. Noticing it's coming my phone, I pull out and look at it.

1 message from 💜🍫DON