chapter three

The moonlight pierced my eyes peeking through my thin curtains. Omar's hand gently rubs my thigh in a circular motion, it makes my breathing softer by the second. His curly was easy enough for me to run four of my fingers through it without getting stuck. The window is cracked just enough for a warm LA night, but for some reason I'm getting hotter than usual.

I can't go to sleep tonight, I have too much on my mind. When it hit ten o'clock Omar Facetimed me and we talked for a little while. He noticed I had sleep written all over my face and got worried when I informed him, that I "couldn't get any rest". So, being the nice boyfriend he is, he drove over to my house and we cuddled. Eventually, I fell asleep but I can't keep my mind focused on rest if I tried.

I turned over on my right hip and Omar weakly opened his eyes.

Damn.. he's the softest sleeper..

"What's wrong baby?" He asks in a deep raspy voice that sends chills down my spine.

I shrug softly and wrap my legs around his waist. "I'm sleepy but, I can't go to sleep."

"You want me to go make you some tea?"

I shake my head and sigh. "No thank you baby." My eyes close on their own and I feel my body getting chillier. "You can hold me though."

Omar chuckles before wrapping his big, masculine arms around my upper body. "You know I didn't believe that perfect girls existed until, I met you."

A smile formed on my face and I chuckled. "I'm not perfect.. Trust me."

"Back in Jeddah, I would've been murdered already."

Omar's random comment makes me squint my eyes in disgust and confusion. I don't know why he would something like that and he's trying to get me to sleep. If he's saying stuff like that I'm gonna be worried, not sleepy.

"Why?" I say curiously. "Why would they kill you?"

"I'm a Muslim man, in love with a-non Muslim woman and I'm in bed with her." He smiles at the last part. "That's not okay.. Not where I'm from."

"Well, I won't let you get killed, not on my watch. And plus, who cares that your with a black non-Muslim woman anyone?" I roll my eyes and straddle Omar.

"My parents might not be the happiest about it.. Especially my mom."

"Oh.."

Why is it always the mothers?

"Well if it makes you happy, my mother is going to enjoy your presence." I lean down putting my lips close to his. "I can feel it."

"Me too." We stare into each others eyes before Omar lays his hands on my lower back.

Our breathing becomes slower and he leans up planting his soft pink lips on mine. This is not what I expected to be our first kiss but, it'll do. I expected it to be romantic and at a beach or a dinner on a yacht.. High expectations, I know.

"Hold on-- wait." Omar pulled his lips away from mine and licked them.

"What's wrong?" I ask. "Oh, sorry if I'm moving too fast."

Omar chuckled and looked away sitting up. I'm still straddling him, this time with my arms wrapped around his neck.

"No you're not moving too fast.. it's just, I want this relationship to workout because I'm falling in love with you.." He explained pulling me closer to him. "I just want you to feel what I'm feeling. You feel me?"

I giggled and run my fingers through his fluffy, dark brown hair. I unwrap my free hand and slide it down Omar's chest, my lips connecting with his and our tongues intertwining. Omar peck my lips one last time before going back to rubbing my thigh.

"You're thick as fuck." Omar bites his lip.

"Hol' up." I grab my phone unplugging it from the charger. I go Snapchat and turn on the flash, "Say cheese nigga.."

"Baby it's too bright." I recorded him showing his cute moments.

I posted it with the caption: He's so cuteeee😍

"I'm sleepy now.." I rub my eyes lying down. Omar moves my leg so that it's laid over his waist.

"Go to sleep princess." He said rubbing my leg. "I'll be here when you wake up."

"You promise?" I assurance.

"I promise."