Chapter 32: the wound

Sorry I posted late but I've been kinda stressing about finals:( and this is a short one but I'll make the next one better. Though I can't promise I'll have it ready on time because I'll be going to Hawaii for Christmas break.

Enjoy the chapter!

Chapter 32: the wound

I ran as fast as I could. Well more limped. I had failed to grab my crutch in all the distraction that was happening back there. There's no doubt in my mind that I would punch Will after all this is over.

If he even makes it out.

But right now, I didn't want to think about that. Just the thought made my stomach sink, and I ran further and further towards the front doors of the clinic. To my surprise, I spotted the outline of a car, with blue and red lights flashing. Thank god. Someone must've heard the gunshots and called them.

The police car entered the parking lot, and I managed to kick in a full sprint towards it. An ambulance came in shortly after, and paramedics s climbed out, at the ready. The car screeched to a stop, and two officers jumped out.

"We had a call about gunshots, what's going on in there?" They walked briskly with their hands rested at their gun holsters. I grabbed one of their arms and pointed towards the building.

"There's someone with a gun and another one with a knife." I managed to say a full sentence in one shaky breath.

They started to walk briskly towards the door, guns raised. I ran after, trailing behind them, but they stopped me before I could get through.

"Miss, we need you to stay here." The taller cop lightly pushed me back, and I didn't bother to fight him because I sure as hell wouldn't have won.

  Come on Will.

I hadn't heard anything else until after he forced me out of the room. My guess was that they managed to restrain both Hal and Charles. But I wasn't going to get my hopes up just yet.

Suddenly, the doors slammed open and Will stumbled out, out of breath. He had one of Conrad's arms slung around his shoulder, and i gulped at the sight of him unconscious against Will.

"We got a stab wound, we need to keep more pressure on it." Will yelled in an authoritative tone, and the paramedics instantly rolled out a stretcher and laid Conrad on it. I watched as they rolled him onto the ambulance, the stretcher bouncing as it hit each metal plate. I didn't even want to know what happened back there, or how Conrad got stabbed. But as the police officers stormed into the clinic, a feeling of relief came over me. In that moment, I realized that all this was over.

I turned back around, my hair whipping in the wind that had suddenly picked up. I felt tears in my eyes. I hadn't even realized I was crying. My eyes scanned over Will, thankful that he was still in one piece. Until I saw blood stained on his shirt.

He made eye contact with me, and his face softened as he watched a tear fall down my cheek. But finally, he realized what I was looking at and stepped forward, lifting his shirt from the bottom a little.

"It's not mine."

After we arrived at the hospital, we were both taken to an examination room

After we arrived at the hospital, we were both taken to an examination room. I stood in front of Will as he sat on the table. I couldn't keep my eyes off the cuts on his forehead and lip, with the small wounds dry and cracked. He looked tired. All the adrenaline must've gone away as soon as he sat down.

They rushed Conrad into surgery as soon as we got in, and Will was pissed when they wouldn't let him go back with him. I almost had to hold him back from going. I really didn't know what he expected. If he was going to go back in surgery with him, or just be there as support. Deep down, I think he felt guilty, considering they hadn't gotten off to a good start. But I knew that none of this was Will's fault. And I'd make sure to change his mind if he even had one slight thought that it was.

"Will?" I broke him out of his daze. He looked up from the ground.

I struggled to choose my words. "What's going to happen now?"

"I don't know." He sighed, shrugging his shoulders, "we'll probably be questioned about Hal. And with Conrad? If it was just a flesh wound, he should be fine. Probably nothing more than some stitches. but.."

"But?"

"if it was worse than a flesh wound, I can't promise anything."

His words almost made me shiver. I turned away. I didn't want Will to see me cry again. It made me go back to when I saw the blood on his shirt. I remember the sickening feeling in my stomach when I believed he was actually going to die.

I held my stomach, and covered my mouth. I might actually get sick.

I heard Will stand up and soon felt cold hands close on my shoulders. I closed my eyes and sighed, turning around and meeting the face of him. He had a look on his face of uncertainty.

As I met his eyes, he opened his arms to me.

I will not cry.

I will not cry.

After a few moments of me just standing there, acting like a total idiot, he wrapped an arm around me, pulling me into a hug. Will's chin rested on the top of my head, and I tightened my arms around him.

And that's when the tears started to fall.

And I was a little mad at myself. I'd done so much hurting and crying in these past few months, I'm surprised I even had tears left. Will tangled his hands in my hair and lifted my head from his chest.

"Hey, you wanna know something?"

"What." I muttered and bit my lip.

"I think you should take a nap." He smirked.

.......................................................................

A/N: what a mellow ending to this chapter. (: