Chapter 24: the take-out

To say my day was boring would be a complete fucking understatement. The only thing I had to actually accomplish is reach far enough for my glass of water or the remote.

And to be honest, I'd rather fall a thousand times than sit on this bed the rest of the day on my ass. It'd be more productive than this.

Will was supposed to be home an hour ago, and he still hasn't shown up. So now I'm left still in the same old spot. My leg is elevated on two throw pillows while I'm tightly tucked under the comforter of my bed.

The whole apartment was dead silent. I could here my own steady breathing, watching my stomach rise and fall as I laid on my back. It was well after dark, since it was about eight thirty at night.

God my leg was so sore. You'd think after laying in bed for a day, it'd feel fine.

I slowly got up from my laying position and stood before grabbing my crutches that were leaning against my closet door. I hobbled my way over to the door and down towards the kitchen. It took me a solid couple minutes. I began to look through the cabinets, all while balancing on one crutch. There had to be something to eat here.

Suddenly, I heard the front door handle jiggle, and I turned completely around. My legs acted before my brain and I hobbled over to the door, and I opened it. And I felt myself sigh as I stared at the face of Will. I looked him up and down, noticing the fairly large paper bags cradled in his arms. And they sure smelled like heaven.

Will smiled.

"Forgot my key."

"One thing you regret

"One thing you regret. Go."

Me and Will had decided to lay in the middle of the living room, with my head resting on his stomach, while we ate our Chinese.

"Not locking the door every night." I deadpanned.

"Hey." He laughed shortly and nudged me in the side.

"Kidding." I smiled and looked up at him. Then I picked up a piece of chicken with my chopsticks, holding it up to his face.
"The food is good though. Thank you."

He gladly ate what I offered and winked at me. god, his charm was just too much for me. But I really was glad that he brought food home. To be honest, I probably wouldn't have been able to make food on my own.

"No problem."

I smiled.

After that, we just laid there for a solid few minutes until Will broke the silence.

"How's your leg?"

"Still sore. I haven't moved it much today so that's probably why."

"Yeah. We should probably get on with physical therapy tomorrow."

I groaned and sat up, setting my plate down on the ground. There's no way I wanted to do physical therapy tomorrow, even though it would help my leg a lot.

I began to get up, but Will grabbed my arm.

"Hey, wait." He smiled and pulled me down gently so I was laying in a fetal position next to him.

"Where you going?"

"No where I guess." I rolled my eyes and he scoffed, laying in his back and folding his hands across his chest. I just watched his chest slowly rise and fall with his steady breathing.

I turned to him and rested my head on the back of my hand.

"Can I ask you something?"

"What is it?" Will kept his gaze at the ceiling. Like he was in his own world.

"What's your family like? If you don't mind my asking.. I mean, you never talk about them, and I guess I'm just curious."

He didn't say anything for a few moments. He sat there, a dazed look plastered on his face. That only made me want to know more.

"I don't know.. uh... well my dad put a lot of pressure on me to enlist as a marine, to follow in his footsteps I guess. But he didn't take it too well when I wanted to go to med school. And my mom... she wasn't around much. The only person I really had was my sister, Lillian. And when I got arrested.. I don't know.. I guess they just stopped calling me, or checking in on me."

I looped my hand around his arm, pulling myself closer to him.

"Has Lillian called you at all since you got out?"

Will looked uncomfortable when I asked that question. He shifted anxiously on the floor.

"No. I even tried calling her a couple times, but it went straight to voicemail."

I felt sad for him. Of course, I've never had a brother or sister but not having one is better than losing one.

I placed my hand on Will's.

"Are you okay?"

He met my eyes and I could see sorrow, but it was quickly masked.

"There was this patient today that I can't stop thinking about. She has breast cancer."

I didn't say anything. I let him keep talking.

"She seemed so angry. And I don't get how so many women come in and just can accept that they have breast cancer."

His emotions were starting to break through, but once again he hid them behind an invisible mask.

"Hey." I placed my hand behind his neck and turned his head so he would look at me.

"Don't shut me out." I whispered and he sighed, lowering his head. But I kept his head up and met his lips for a soft kiss. And that was it. Nothing more. Will tangled his hands in my hair.

"How did I ever find you." He whispered.

"Just luck I guess." I shrugged my shoulders and gave Will a smirk, causing him to let out a light laugh. There it was. But I was still afraid he wasn't showing his true emotions to me.

"Well.." he grabbed my face and kissed me deeply. "I guess I'm pretty lucky then."

.......................................................................

A/N: awww what a heartfelt chapter! But any thoughts? Comments?