chapter 1: the break

Authors note:
Enjoy the story!❤️ I really love writing this.

Authors note:Enjoy the story!❤️ I really love writing this

Chapter 1: the break

I feel like a mystery. Not like one of those that people can figure out over a short span of time. More like never. But having a normal life and childhood can make you wonder why this would happen to you specifically. I mean, my childhood wasn't exactly normal. My parents died after I was born, and I was left with my grandparents. It's not really something I get emotional over, but I do wonder what it would be like to have a mom and dad. You know, having family dinners and barbecues. Having them needing to know where I was all day all the time. The whole shebang.

But, my grandparents surprisingly tried to give me as much space as possible. My parents were on the wild side. Mom was just barely twenty when I was born, and her parents didn't really approve. Especially of my dad. He was the type of person that would always say fuck it. But I don't think they had any real reason why they didn't like him so much. So, my parents kept me away from them as long as they could. But, of course it didn't last long. And I feel like they resented me for it. Partly because i was the only one alive to blame.

Now, at twenty-three, my life is harder than it could ever be. Let's start with the biggest part. My health. About last year, I had a seizure just out of nowhere. Luckily, it was at my best friend Lexi's house. The doctors said it was most likely caused by stress. And I believed them. At first. I mean, it made sense. College was hitting me hard. I was  writing essay after essay, my professors constantly on my back. And sophmore year meant I could have my own apartment. And I managed to do that with pretty much a lifetime of savings. The only problem was keeping up with it. The upside was that my landlord was actually going to board this place up, but I convinced him to let me live here if I paid a little extra per month.

So yes, I believed that I had too much stress, and yes I did try to lift off some of the baggage I was being weighed down with. And it worked. Until I had a second seizure. But this one was different. I didn't remember much. But all I remember is trying to gasp for a breath. And God I wouldn't stop talking. This time, it happened in class. Professor Manning had asked me a question out of nowhere. I don't remember what it was, but I just rambled on and on until someone beside me nudged me to stop. And, you probably know the rest. After that, the panic attacks happened more frequently and I had a few more seizures.

Even the light bothers me. Like right now, as I shake my wet hands into the sink, the sunlight shines right in my eyes, and I squint trying to get rid of the sudden blindness. I groan, rubbing my forehead and turn away from the window, instantly relieved. The sun is just going down, and I just finished my last essay before summer break.

I'm finally free for a few months.

My laptop is still sitting on the sofa, an almost empty mug of coffee resting on the coffee table nearby. I shut the laptop screen and move it to the table before plopping on the couch in a laying position, and resting my hands on my stomach. Once you're in college, you don't get much free time. Most of it is spent studying and worrying about the next exam. At least I think that's how it is for most people. But that doesn't mean I don't know how to have fun. I've been to a few parties. I've made out with a couple guys. It's almost impossible not to go to a college party. As long as you know people there. In that case, this is where Lexi comes into the picture. She. is. crazy. But also crazy talented. She didn't even have to go to college. Her music got her working with her own manager and record deal. I can see her coming out with a new single in the next few months. I could listen to her voice all day, but I don't want to boost her ego too much. It's my personal job to make sure she doesn't turn into one of those pop stars that thinks she's better than everyone else.