Chapter 17: the therapy

Here's a longer chapter for y'all. Enjoy!

Chapter 17: the therapy

Today is the first day of physical therapy and I'm excited. Being bed-ridden for almost a week will definitely take any remaining energy out of me. It's not like I can just get up and run a marathon or something. This busted leg is really starting to get on my nerves. The brace is cutting off all circulation and my leg probably looks like someone needs to call animal control.

But I've managed to do something with my day until one, when my therapy is supposed to start. Emphasize the word supposed. Yeah, Will is about fifteen minutes late already and there isn't even a morning rush or anything. I haven't seen anybody pass by my door in about five minutes, so that tells me one thing.

My fingers curl around the soft covers of my hospital bed as I push them down to my hips. The doctors finally let me change into actual clothes instead of wearing that thin fabric they call a gown. Now I can actually get up without someone seeing something they shouldn't.

I begin to reach over to the bedside table to turn on the lamp, but accidentally collide with the glass of water Nurse Burson gave me. It slides off the table and falls to the ground with a loud shatter, glass and water spurring everywhere. Well. So much for "staying hydrated" is what she said.

I swing my legs over the side of the bed and start to get up to pick up the mess I've made, but I'm instantly startled.

"What are you doing?"

Will, as I had failed to noticed, managed to slip into my hospital room without making a sound. He instantly rushes over to me and pushes me back into the sitting position that I had previously been in.

"You shouldn't be walking without help. And you definitely shouldn't be doing it around broken glass."

He genuinely seems concerned, which yeah I'm flattered, but holy hell man it's just glass. It's not like one single touch will instantly kill me.

"Well no one was around so I didn't think it'd hurt to just-"

"You should've called one of the nurses is what you should've done."

Will keeps his face turned to me as he reaches inside the small supplies closet and pulls out a dust pan. Then he kneels down and begins to sweep up the broken shards of glass. His scrubs are a different color today. Instead of being the dark turquoise blue they normally are, they're more like a deep navy blue. And I can tell he was wearing a thin t-shirt underneath by the look of his collar bone.

Well he's definitely in a mood today. Because his feelings from yesterday seem to have mysteriously flown out the imaginary window. Hell I still can't even control my feelings. I don't know what I feel after yesterday. It was just. Different. Almost like Will made me feel vulnerable.