1 Year Later

I pull a face at the mirror. "You can do this" I whisper. I walk out and into the lounge of our room in the Shatterdome . "Hey honey can you come here?" I ask. Raleigh walks out. "Yes?" "Sit down for me" I say and he sits down next to me. "I want you to quickly do something for me" I say. "Sure? What do ya need?" "Open the oven and look inside" I say to him and he opens it to see a bun. "Wait.. YOUR PREGNANT?" He asks. "Your gonna be a dad!" I smile and he laughs and picks me up and spins me. "That's amazing! How far are you along?" "About 2 months. I wanted to make sure everything was A okay before I told you" I smile. "And to stop you worrying I'm gonna tell you this. There are no more Kaijus anymore and until I reach 6 months of pregnancy I'm allowed to patrol in my Jaeger. And don't start worrying you big worrying mess" I say as he now has happy tears. "Okay then. I will agree to that but I wanna ask if we have a boy. We can name him after my brother" he says. "I was just gonna say that! Of course" He smiles even more and I follow him as he goes down Into the Jaeger bay, grabs a megaphone and yells. "MY WIFES PREGNANT AND IM GONNA BE A DAD!" Running up and down. I laugh at him as many people in Shatterdome cheer and I roll my eyes at the sight. He runs back up and hugs me tight. "I'm gonna be a dad!"

"You listen to me you son of a-" a pool of water forms under my feet. "And I've broken my water" I mutter and I pull my finger up at the worker and walk away. "Sorry I'm just gonna go give birth!" I yell. Soon I hear yelling and someone running really heavily as I start to struggle to get to the hospital part of the Shatterdome. "Charlie!!" I hear Raleigh yell and he finally gets here out of breath. "It's time" I say with a smile my smile changes when I get a contraction. "God that hurts" I whisper. He picks me up and carries me to the hospital where instantly I'm put into a room. I haven't been able to wear my lieutenant uniform for the past 3 months so I had stuck to outfits that still looked smart but didn't squeeze me to a Pulp.

"Jesus Christ the Lord!" I yell. "Mrs Becket your baby's nearly here. "Fuuuuuuucccck!" I yell nearly breaking Raleighs hand. Soon I hear cry's and the pain goes away to see a beautiful baby. "Boy or girl?" I ask.

We didn't want to find out the sex of the child as we didn't want to raise it in a girly or a manly way. We are very accepting and we will accept whichever path it chooses.

"It's a.. boy!" The nurse says. Soon after the umbilical cords cut and he's cleaned up and wrapped in a blanket that hand him to me. "Hello Yancey" I whisper. Raleigh takes the baby as I go clean myself up and change. In those 3 hours of labour I had lost basically all the baby weight but I will be hitting the gym soon. I come out in some jeans and a shirt with a checked flannel Shirt on Over. They do all the checks and he seemed fine. We took him back to our room and put him in some clothes and he was already tired so he fell asleep straight away. "Hey babe?" I ask. "Yeah?" "could I quickly go to the gym for an hour to start to work off the baby tummy?" I ask. "Yeah sure. I'll look after the little fella"

Luckily no one was in the gym so I spent what I thought was an hour doing pull ups, jogging on the machine and doing basically ever other  thing I could think off. I came home to see it was 2 hours. "Oh god! I'm so sorry babe!" I whisper. "Oh he's been asleep for the whole time so it's fine" he says and I smile and we sit down on our bed. "We have a baby" I smile and look at him. "Yes we do"

He was born on the 9th of May. He was a very fast developer and as soon as he was 5 he was doing it all and actually quite tall for his age. "Come back here!" I yell in a joking way when the alarms go off. I sigh.

Massive riot. May Ebony Fury please sort it out in Sydney.

"I've gotta go Yancey can you make your way back to our room on our own? You've done it Plenty times before" I say. "I can do that!" He says and I giggle. "Go on then you little devil." I kiss him on the forehead and go and get my drivesuit put on and I'm soon in Sydney Landing. "Stand down everyone" I say into the speakers. Some stop by others yell at us "Kaijus came here to save us!" Some yell. "Guys. If we didn't close the breach you would all be dead by now!" I say.

"Jesus that one was bad" I mutter now back in my lieutenant outfit walking to Yancey's room next door. I knock and see him playing with a car. "Whatcha doing kiddo?" I ask sitting down. "playing with a car" he says. "Hey why don't we later go and have dinner with dad? It'll be fun" I say. "Yeah!" He says and I smile. "Why don't you go up to LOCCENT and annoy Tendo?" "I'm gonna go do that!" He exclaims and runs off.