In The beginning

Ebony Fury:

^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^It all started when I was 9

It all started when I was 9. Walking home from the park when my phone buzzed with the news app spamming about an alien invasion. It was 2013, August 10th.

The alien that has been named trespasser has hit San Francisco Bay and has destroyed the Golden Gate Bridge.

It's not real. Is it? And plus San Francisco was miles away! It was all the way in America! We would be fine in Sydney. Right?

6 days and 35 miles later it was destroyed. They had to use there most lethal weapons to get rid of it. We were fine. And it wasn't coming back.

Well that's what we thought at least.

6 months later another came.
Then soon another.
And another.
Until we realised: this wasn't going to stop.

We needed a new weapon to destroy them. So we made monsters of our own to do so. It took a lot of persuasion to get my parents to allow me to join the Pan Pacific Defence Corps. Jaegers where built and killed Kaijus. We where winning. Soon I was joining at the age of 13.

That's when I recruited. And soon I was to be known as Captain Charlie Everstone.

"TODAY YOU ARE HERE TO FIGHT! TODAY YOU ARE HERE TO STOP THE WAR AND TO KILL KAIJUS!" They finish the speech and we applaud. Soon we where filed out into a Kwoon. A training room where they first tested our strength. "You will Into pairs and fight one another. The pair will fight in-front of the entire class and once one of them has lost they will go and sit by that wall" The man points to the metal plated wall of the West side of the room.

We pair up and I go with a random girl. Soon they go until the winners are sat back down and the losers are by the west wall. "Last is Charlie and Michelle" The Instructor says and I stand up with nerves running through my body.

"FIGHT!"

Michelle Runs forward and I slide to the left and grab her arm flipping her back. She lands to the floor with a smack and glares at me. Getting up and giving a deadly Glare. She trips me and I flip backwards landing on my feet where the instructor gives a look of confusion and amazement. I smirk and look at Michelle. I run forward and roundhouse kick her as she falls to the floor face to the floor and before she can get up I lift up her arm and hold it back to she's stuck in the position.

"And the winner is Charlie!" The instructor says and I help Michelle up and she walks over to the west wall. "Whoever's at the west wall follow Marion" The instructor commands. "The next round you will fight who I select you to. You shall if you loose go to the west wall." The instructor says. "Let's go with. Our quickest winner verses our strongest winner. Charlie and Miles your up" I crack my back and knuckles and look at him. "Fight!" We spend most of our time going for punches and blocks and I think of a tactic.  Go for the legs. I charge forward and slide down kicking his legs and bending his arm back to stop him. "And Charlie wins..." the instructor says. The fights go on and I keep on winning until I'm the last standing out of everyone at the wall. "Well that's concluded the strength and Agility test" the instructor says. "You did good guys. Now go back to your Rooms. Tomorrow's the compatibility test" he says and we all go to our rooms. I shut my room door and pull the shirt I had on over my head and dump it on my bag where I patch up the cuts I had on my arms and stomach.

I hear a knock and I grab another shirt and put it on and open the door. "Hel- Marshal Pentacost?" I ask. "Can I come in?" "Yeah sure" I say opening the door wider and quickly putting away some of the mess I've already made in the first day of being here.

"I see potential in you. Your fighting skills today where outstanding." He says. "Thank you sir"

"I'm going to be watching the compatibility test tomorrow but I think you won't need a Co Pilot." He says. "But all Jaegers have to have 2 pilots" I say highly confused. "There's a special Jaeger that we've kept hidden away from this world. Theres only put 1 Pilot Harness in there an I think you could be the one to drive it" he says. "Really Sir? Why me?" "Because you have a gift Charlie. And you just brought it out to the world"

"Today we will see if your compatible. You will fight in the simulator and we will see if you are compatible" A new Instructor tells us. "We shall go in alphabetical order starting with Adam Andrew..." he drones on with names until mine comes at 7. 23 more names are called out and they start up the simulator. We go in a line and they step in and start it. Soon after many goes there are lines. The ones in green mean compatible and the ones in red mean un-compatible. I step in and get dropped and fight the Kaiju. But in my simulator the harness next to me is empty. I soon finish killing it and step out with my line In not red. And not green but blue. "Miss Gwen come to my office!" Stacker says and I follow him.

"I was right. You are a single Pilot and the only single Pilot in the world. Miss Everstone, you are officially a Pilot"