[Vol. 7.5] Chapter 188

Unfortunately, Yukina's determination backfired her plans.

The organisation had strictly told her to follow the mission. No amount of arguments could make them see that what they were doing was a mistake. She understood that there was something wrong about Shinigami. Their purpose was to hunt down and kill those who deemed a danger to the peasant and lower class society.

However, she found out they weren't following this anymore...

Unfortunately, the organisation was never built on that purpose. It was just thriving for power and wealth. The purpose was given to allure who seeked vengeance.

Because anger and vengeance were the things what made it easier to brainwash them.

Thus, she had broken off her contact with the organisation which put her in a great risk. She had stopped contacting Futama but Futama was still keeping a tag on her.

He knew the organisation had sent orders to eliminate her so he was taking measures to keep her safe and out of organisation's reach.

Yukina knew the organisation would send people to kill her but she was determined to save the crown prince and Arashi.

On the other hand, Kosaki's action had made it clear that they wanted war. Thus, the crown prince got busied with the matter. He had sent Arashi to gather alliances for the war and with that the marriage between Yukina and Arashi had been postponed.

Arashi had to leave for the Himalayas again since at that time, he had convinced Lord An Hao to train his soldiers. He was gaining strong soldiers and he already had around 40,000 men under him which wasn't enough.

Lord An Hao was from a village of The Himalayas and he had a great influence over that region. Although he was not any kind of leader of any organisations, people still would come if he called them. They were devoted to him because for years, he had been good to them.

As he was great in ayurvedic treatment and ancient martial arts, a lot of people outside of that region came to take training under him.

In those, some came from northern part and some came from middle Asia. Lord An Hao never liked to be entangled in wars...he thought wars were nothing but a fight between greedy leaders where innocent people die meaningless deaths.

When Arashi arrived at Lord An Hao's doors asking for help, he said, "Don't indulge me in your greedy fights, Arashi. You know I only helped you because you promised me you will never use your powers for harming your people that includes other innocent people too. It doesn't matter if they are from other Empire."

Arashi said, "I know but this war is not for my greed or my father's greed. Kosaki is terrorising our borders and they are harming their own people as well. More than innocent people are becoming their prey."

"That doesn't concern me... I'm against it."

Arashi's shoulders slumped down as his men were yet to be trained. With only 40 thousand soldiers he couldn't win a war. The war was yet to happen but he knew Kosaki had started it already. It just yet to become full fledged.

Lord An Hao turned around and said, "But I will lend you a hand if you promise me something..."

Arashi's determined eyes met with Lord An Hao's hard eyes as Lord An Hao said, "You can't kill the innocent people... You have to promise me that. I know it is impossible since in a war, you must kill your enemies but I won't allow you to use your expertise in killing them."

He added, "Use it to benefit them..."

At that time, Arashi didn't know how to do the impossible. In a war death is inevitable but to acquire Lord An Hao's strength he needed to do that.

Thus, Arashi had promised him that he would never kill the war prisoners. Of course, he had yet to learn that Kosaki would be placing immature and inexperienced soldiers in the front lines which would only help him to keep his promise to Lord An Hao.

Capturing inexperienced soldiers was far easier than capturing trained and experienced soldiers.

While Arashi had went to gain helping hands and support the borders of Wansai, one year had passed in a blink of an eye. War preparation took a lot of time for Wansai and Arashi.

Lord An Hao's help made it possible to gather around 100 thousand soldiers while Arashi's men slowly trained under Lord An Hao. By then he had gained over 160 thousand soldiers and he was only 20 years of age.

On the other hand, Yukina had started to investigate on her own because she got a hunch that whoever wanted Arashi and his father dead was someone from the inside. The organisation was only following his orders.

As if fate always been cruel to Yukina, an unfortunate incident happened.

The emperor and the empress of Wansai suddenly declared to Yukina's father that they didn't want Arashi to marry Yukina...

News of Arashi gaining over 100 thousand men spread like fire. When the whole royal family were jealous and were envying Arashi new gained powers, The emperor had realised that his grandson had exceeded his expectations.

Up until now, no one thought Arashi could do it. Even he was worried because Arashi had always been very weak. However, now that he saw the potentiality of him he decided to find him more suitable woman as his wife.

Of course he knew Yukina was from a small kingdom which had been living in the crown prince, Prince Kurasaki's wealth and they had not enough man power to help in the upcoming war. The emperor agreed at first because he wanted Arashi to bear the next heir. He knew Arashi wasn't reliable like his father to watch over the throne.

But now, it was different.

Arashi had gained a lot of experience in combat and weapons. He had his own men and the emperor had acknowledged him.

It wasn't the Emperor's greed. It was decided merely on political reasons. But he didn't know it would result in taking four precious lives...

He didn't know his decision was going to destroy his own son's family...

One, The Crown Prince, Prince Kurasaki, Arashi's father...

Two, Arashi's mother...

Three, Yukina...

And Four, Arashi...

-----
26th April, 23
1058