[Vol. 5] Chapter 127

(Third person's POV- omniscient)

Lord Gokudo's body tumbled down on the floor and the Prince and others got frozen in their places. If he died there without telling them who was the culprit behind poisoning the emperor, they wouldn't get a single clue.

And suddenly, Prince Daichi arrived in the scene with his men. They had struggled through the gate of Shinkyo to enter.

Of course, it wasn't easy to enter but he threatened them and moreover, he forcibly entered, telling his wife had been captured here. If they try to stop him, he would call for a battle.

Battle between Shinkyo and Kohoshi wouldn't be a good news since both of the territory had immense strength and man power.

Daichi was after all, the strongest prince after Arashi.

He came as Arashi looked at him with a confused face. Akio was beside him, standing as her eyes looked through the dead bodies and the captured Toushi clan members.

Then their eyes fell on Lord Gokudo.

He was taking breaths and suddenly his eyes fell on them.

Daichi's brows ceased together in confusion as Lord Gokudo's hand stretched out and his fingers were pointed at him.

Akio asked, her voice shaking in fear, "Wha—what happened here, brother Arashi?"

Arashi looked at her and then to Daichi as he said, "Nothing. Just an unfortunate incident. You don't have to worry about that."

Akio got a little restless as she looked at Lord Gokudo and her uneasiness couldn't be hidden from Arashi's watchful eyes. It seemed Daichi was restless as well.

Daichi could see he was worried for nothing since Lord Gokudo was dying. He thought he and his clan members were about to kill them including Rose. He got relieved that everything was just fine.

Prince Rian asked, his eyes sharpened at Daichi, "What are you doing here, Daichi?"

Daichi said, "Brother... I heard my wife is here. I simply came to take her back."

Arashi raised his brow and said, "She would have been back after our... occasion."

Daichi's eyes washed over the arena and he scoffed, "Does your occasion include killing people?"

"No but today was different..."

Daichi said, "I can see that..." He looked at the disastrous scene and said, "But I do not feel safe leaving my wife here."

"And why is that?"

"There are dead people here and I could see most of them are from The Toushi clan..." He said and Arashi's eyes narrowed down at him.

Arashi said, "She wouldn't be harmed in my watch, Daichi. It was an unfortunate incident that took place but she is safe and is inside."

Daichi said, "Then call her because I need to be back by sun set."

Arashi nodded and ordered Shin, "Go take Princess Rose here since my brother is very worried about her."

Beside him, princess Bianka was oozing with anger and Daichi glared at her. But it seemed his glares weren't much effective on the wild princess as she was glaring back at him.

It looked like a tug of war between their glares but no one was winning.

Akio was no different as she looked angrily at Princess Bianka but she wasn't even fazed by them. It was the opposite, she was getting riled up.

It seemed she wanted to say something but she knew today she couldn't since Prince Rian was there. Doing anything unnecessary would make her position hinder. Daichi knew that and he smirked at her as Princess Bianka's palms fisted.

Shin went away immediately and in a few moments, he came back with Princess Rose whose hands were wrapped in bandages.

Daichi's eyes fell on her hands and immediately he got angry. More than that, he was worried but he didn't let others see his worried face.

He hissed at Prince Rian, "My wife is hurt here and you are telling me that she is safe under your watch?"

Prince Rian and Princess Bianka both looked at Rose and she seemed weak while her hands were injured. They got worried as Arashi asked, "What happened to her hands?"

Kairo came near and said, "She was helping me, your highness but the ornaments had poison in it. It was for her that we both survived."

Arashi looked at Kairo and Hana and saw they weren't wearing any of the ornaments and it didn't take him long to know what happened.

Daichi mocked, "You are making my wife helping your subjects!"

Akio said from beside Daichi, her voice sounded more like a mock, "Princess Rose, you are a princess and brother Daichi's wife... You should not indulge yourself in this kind of stuff what our maids do..."

"Helping someone or any subjects don't make their status hinder, Princess Akio. It only makes you more reliable that your subjects would gladly follow you." Princess Bianka said as she looked at Daichi and said, "Even your prince Rian treats wounds and takes care of them who are in need, subjects or maids he helps everyone. Did that ever make his position hinder?"

She crossed her hands above her chest and said, "Well, I don't see that. What I see is, people still call him The Prince of Wansai."

There was an evil grin on her face and it felt like a needle to Daichi's ego as others including the Kuro soldiers resisted the smiles that were about to display on their faces.

However, Arashi pinched her, making her stop. Otherwise, she wouldn't stop venting her anger...and might end up getting a punishment.

It seemed Daichi was agitated at that as he growled, "Oh! Then does helping someone means getting poisoned in Princess Bianka's opinion...? Then I would have to consider sending my wife around you in the future, brother Rian."

Princess Bianka was about to loose the little control she had left as Arashi caught her hand.

Arashi was about to say something but Princess Rose intervened, "No! It wasn't their fault! I was just careless! Brother Arashi and sister Bianka and everyone around here had always been nice to me. They protected me. If they weren't here, I would have lost my hands or maybe have fallen ill!"

Daichi gave a cold eye to Rose as she immediately stopped. She didn't utter a word as Daichi said, "Let's go back, Rose. I believe you had enough fun here..."

Arashi didn't say anything as he looked at Daichi with cold eyes but Daichi wasn't any less. He was glaring at him too. As he caught Rose's hand in his grip, Bianka was about to stop them when Arashi glared at Bianka.

She quieted down.

And Prince Daichi took her away...
____
28th December, 22
1111