[Vol. 3] Chapter 61

Arashi had already told the empress before his departure to his chamber that I was the only one who knew about his techniques so I was the only one who would be taking care of the Emperor in his absence. Which wasn't true. I had no idea how I was going to take care of the emperor. Arashi had never taught me his medicinal techniques. But I had to agree since he mentioned someone was trying to kill the emperor. 

The empress at first was reluctant but Arashi said he didn't want anyone to handle his job but me. Both of them were stubborn but at the end the empress finally agreed.

So, I was given a room just beside the empress's room which was across the emperor's chamber and as of now, I was called in the empress's room. 

My heart thumped as I knocked. Arashi had already told me not to disclose my family name because the Inoue clan was very famous. If I said my surname before our marriage, there was a chance I might end up getting annihilated.

"Come inside." The empress's hard voice resonated through her chamber as I slowly opened the door.

I came inside and bowed. As I looked up, I saw her sharp eyes were on me like she was finding something in me. I gulped and tried to smile.

But it was a failure since her aura was domineering just like Arashi when he gets serious. 

"What was your name again?" She asked. There was no delicacy in her voice. 

"B—Bianka..." I said as I bowed once again, my heart thumping in my ears.

"What is your surname?" I could see her eyes glinted and I knew she asked about my surname to find out about my family background. 

"Bianka Ino—Inosora." I blabbered some other clan name which I had heard. But I had no idea if the Inosora clan was in Kosaki or Wansai. My heart had started to thump as her eyes narrowed to the slit. 

Did she get my lies? I would surely be killed. 

"Inosora?" She muttered and added, "I had never heard of it. What does your father do?"

"Farmer?" I was apologizing to my father in my mind as he never liked lying yet I was lying on the empress's face. Not to mention, my father didn't know how to make food let alone how to do farming. He only knew how to fight.

"Farmer's daughter!" She growled and I looked at her with wide eyes, my heart in my hands. 

"That is disastrous!" She muttered angrily and paced around her bed as she growled, "How could Rian marry you?"

She looked at me with her anger filled eyes and asked, "Did you swoon him with your body, your face or did you do some kind of black magic?"

I blinked at her. Body? Face? "I don't know?" I said with a low voice. What was black magic?

"Hmm..." Her eyes washed over me as she mumbled, "You are not that pretty to swoon my grandson and you certainly are very thin."

I blinked again. Oh! So, I knew I wasn't qualified to be his bride, was I?

"Rejected!" She growled, making me flinch and added, "You have to eat as much as you can to get a good waist line!" She said and slapped on my waist with her fan. "No thin waist can make good children!"

I yelped and she growled. "Too delicate! Rejected!"

I looked at her with a mortified expression as she said, "Stand straight!"

I immediately stood straight as if a rod was placed on my back. She nodded and paced around me for more faults. Now it was getting hard to think I would ever become an ideal bride for Arashi. 

She mumbled. "From today onward, I will teach you how to become a proper lady. My granddaughter, Rei, is too soft as a teacher."

My eyes went round. No! No, no! The empress was too strict! I didn't want to be with her or near her. She was too scary!

Arashi's sister seemed a little approachable...

The other person, Akio, on the other hand, seemed a little off... If Arashi didn't want her to teach me then I didn't want to be near her either.

"Now, as Rian said, after you look after my husband, the emperor, you are to come here everyday." She said with a strict voice, "And I don't like slacking. If you wish to become my grandson's bride, you need to be taught everything!"

I nodded frantically. 

She paced around as her fan stayed on her chin as she thought for a moment. "We will start your training before the sun rises."

"B—but I have to clean the emperor's water and..." I said as she shot me a glare and I immediately shut my mouth.

"No talking with us without asking!" She growled, "Has nobody taught you how to talk with your superiors?!"

By now, I felt moisture coming to my eyes as I shook my head. She seemed a little taken aback by my shrunken face and said, now her voice became a little soft, "I see... Then before talking you are to ask if you can talk."

I nodded, my head lower and my lips quivered.

"Did my grandson never teach you anything about us?" She was a bit curious.

"N—no. Arashi never taught me..." I said with a low voice.

"What did you call my grandson?" She asked as I looked at her and realized I called Arashi by his name. As far as I know, nobody was allowed to call the empress, emperor and the princes and the princess with their names. Especially if someone was inferior in status. I bit my tongue.

"Did you just call him by his name?!" She asked again and this time I could see her face getting twisted with anger.

I didn't know what to tell. Should I tell her that Arashi had given me permission. 

"Never ever call him by his name!" She growled and added, "This is outrageous and disrespectful!" 

She exclaimed and started to fan herself and she felt so displeased by me that I wanted to go to Arashi and cry. 

"You are to call him either Prince Arashi or My Prince." She said with an angry voice and I nodded, my eyes puffing with each second. 

"I don't know why he even married a girl like you who doesn't even respect him!" She grudged and kept fanning herself as she sat on her chair. "

I respected him and there wasn't anyone who could tell her how much I respected Arashi. I knew if I said something now, I would only become a bad person in her eyes so I kept quiet and stood like a fool. 

"Even if I don't want him to marry you, I can just see in his eyes he likes you." She grumbled, "I can't possibly go against his words or he would run away again! That brat!"

She realized she had just called her own grandson a brat in front of me as she looked at me and threatened, "You dare to tell him that or I will tell them to cut your tongue."

I nodded. 

"Anyways, I can't do anything about it since he had already chosen you." She said, "You better become an ideal lady. If you dirt his name, I will personally perform your annihilation." 

My eyes bulged out from my sockets. Where had I come?! The empress of Wansai was literally threatening me and I had to look after the emperor at the same time! 

How am I going to work things out if they never welcomed me? How would I survive this? Moreover, would I survive this?

I wanted to vent my anger on Arashi. If he had told me beforehand, I would have at least come prepared. 

----
A/n :

Sorry for updating so late. I am just so tired. I'm about to go sleep.

Oyasumi! ❤️

----
22nd July, 22
1323