[Vol. 3] Chapter 69

*Double update since I don't know when will I get the time again. So enjoy!*

[Also, Mature Content Ahead! Read at your own risk!] 👀👀👀

All day I felt restless and as I entered my room, I flopped on the bed. There were still lingering thoughts in my mind. I trusted Arashi but I was still baffled about his grandparents. 

No matter how hard I tried, the empress wasn't impressed. Arashi was teaching me everything yet it wasn't enough and I felt tired. My whole body was exhausted but my mind still replayed the name Akio said. 

Yukina...

Arashi had never told me about her. Did he use to love her...? 

My heart clenched as I buried my face. It hurt even when I knew it was childish. She wasn't here or I had never seen her. I had never heard her name from anyone. I knew whoever she was, she wasn't around here but there was still a lingering feeling in me which wouldn't let me rest. 

My belly tied into a knot and the intense feeling I had been feeling grew more. Was she beautiful? She was a princess after all...

She must be very worthy compared to me. And at that thought tears rumbled around the corners of my eyes and my heart beat increased. 

I didn't know what I was feeling at that moment. 

Was it jealousy? Was it my low confidence? I couldn't decipher. 

I gasped at my own question. 

Now that I think about it, I felt jealous when I heard he loved someone. My eyes got moistened and I buried my face again in shame. 

Arashi had treated me well and he made me feel good about myself... Because of him I got my self esteem but I also got greedy. 

I was so greedy that I confidently said to Akio that Arashi was mine. But what if he had to marry Akio or some other princess because of the status? 

My lips quivered and a snuffle left from my lips. 

"What happened?" I heard Arashi's voice, "Are you crying?" 

I was startled and I had forgotten that he was about to come. 

He sat on the bed and his hands fell on me as I tried to wipe away my tears. He immediately turned me around and yanked me toward him. I didn't want him to see me like this, in my pathetic state. 

I looked down, avoiding his eyes as he placed a finger under my chin and tilted my head up. "What is it?"

"It is nothing..." 

"Bianka, don't lie. I know something has happened..." He said, his voice getting cold. "Tell me if anyone said something to you or treated you poorly..."

He stopped for a moment and said, "Did uncle Shiroichi say something to you?"

"No..." I mumbled. 

"Then grandmother?"

"She always says everything..." I said and added, "It is nothing."

"Rei would not say anything to you... Then whom did you meet today?" He muttered to himself as I eyed him and tried to give him a smile but I failed miserably.

"Arashi... It is nothing..." My voice was weak.

"Then why were you crying?" 

"I wasn't crying because someone said something to me... I was just..." I looked away, "I am just ashamed of myself." 

He looked at me for a moment. "What?"

"I don't know what other words I would use to decipher this. The most preferable word is Jealousy...I guess?"