[Vol. 3] Chapter 65

I felt too sleepy after the whole day working and running around from the empress's chamber to the emperor's chamber and then to the study room. 

It had been happening for the whole two days and now I was losing hope that I could ever crack the empress's heart! She was just too tough on me. 

Although Rei gave me some time to relax and while I was relaxing, she also let me hold her son and to play with him. He was just so cute that my heart melted each time he started to smile.

I laid flat on my back and a yelp came out of my mouth.

My back hurt. I had been working so much that I felt I had gotten back to my father's house. My legs ached and my muscles felt stiff. 

I heard a footstep and I knew who it was. I looked at the silhouette in the dark and saw Arashi had come. 

He had been coming every night and I was glad that he was, otherwise my mind wouldn't be stable anymore.

"Are you alright?" He asked, his voice was concerned as he sat on the bed.

"Yes, I am fine. Just tired." I mumbled weakly and he looked at me for a moment.

"Do you want me to have a little conversation with my grandmother empress?" He asked.

I shook my head. "No. No. It is alright. It is just some of the characters I don't remember and also the poems of the spring. The verses are just so hard and I can't remember them." 

I mumbled as my voice coated with sadness, "I think she is a bit offended at me because of it."

Arashi hummed, "Hmm..." Then he suggested, "How about I teach you some of the verse."

My eyes sparkled as I asked with excitement, "Really?" 

I sat up straight and immediately regretted it as my back cracked. "Ow!"

His eyes became concerned as he asked, "What happened?"

"My back and waist are hurting too much these days." I said as I patted on it.

"Turn around and pull off your yukata." He said and my head snapped at him as my cheeks reddened.

"Wh—what?" I asked with a pair of wide eyes.

"Let me give you a little treatment so the stiffness will be gone." 

"Err... But..." I was flustered. 

"Just turn around," his voice became cold as I immediately followed his order.

I turned around and loosened my obi as my sleeves came off and fell around my waist. My heart started to beat fast as I covered myself with my hands and felt my cheeks burning. 

Arashi came behind me as I sensed his presence. As his hands touched the skin of my back and waist, my breath fastened. I pursed my lips and bit hard on it as he roamed his fingertips on my skin, giving me jolts of lightning. 

His large palms held my waist as I held my breath and suddenly he pushed his thumbs with sheer force. A cracking noise came out of my waist with intense pain that jolted through my skin.

"Ah—mphh!" Before my agonizing moan could come out, he had already placed his hand over my mouth. 

It was painful when my waist cracked but later I felt my stiffness was gone and there was no pain at all. My stiff back was gone too and I felt the tension on my body slowly perishing. 

"Don't make a sound. My grandmother's hearing is very sharp," he whispered, his hand still on my mouth. 

I nodded as he let go of my mouth.