[Vol. 6] Chapter 139

It was around evening, we left after taking a little rest, Hiroshi, Takashi being our guards. And along with them a few fox masked Arashi's men.

The carriage had arrived before the castle entrance as I hopped on it, Arashi sitting beside me.

As Kairo and Hana were newly wedded, Hiroshi gave him a week off so the couple could settle down in their new home.

I heard Arashi and Hiroshi allotted him a house as he had been staying in the soldiers quarters up until now. And I was happy with that decision.

I just hoped my gift could make them happy too. I wanted to make something for them by my hands but I had no time so I had asked the painter to paint them and make the painting look welcoming and meaningful in their lives.

Both of them had suffered a lot and while it wasn't enough to make their sufferings go away, I still wanted to give something that would make them happy.

My eyes were gazing around the beautiful scenery of the early evening as the sun was setting. The horizon looked like it had bathed in the last light of the day.

"What are you thinking?" Arashi asked.

I smiled but my eyes were outside as I said, "Nothing... I just want everyone to be happy...even though it is impossible." I looked at him as I grinned, "But I'm glad that you have given Kairo and Hana that house. I mean..."

I looked down and muttered, "They, at least, have each other to look after and have a home to go back..."

I knew how important it was to have your own home where you always can get back. Wherever you go, you know that there is a place where you belong. I knew somewhere in me I had lost my motivation in my life because I never belonged to my previous house, to my father's house.

But I can always go back to Shinkyo. To my home.

Arashi smiled. "Well, it is not upto us to make everyone happy. What we can offer some support, protection and sympathy. And maybe some love."

I nodded and he continued, "I just wanted Kairo to have someone in his life. I know he wouldn't leave Shinkyo but there was always an empty place in our hearts which can only be filled by someone else."

I asked, "But how did you know making him marry Hana would fill that emptiness of him?"

Corners of his lips turned up as he smiled gently and said, "Because my heart was empty too... Until I met you."

And my heart skipped a beat as blood rushed to my cheeks. I knew about his past. His heart was empty after loosing the woman he loved for almost his life and I was glad that I could at least filled his emptiness...

I shyly looked away and muttered, "That is same for me..."

He leant back and closed his eyes as he said, releasing a breath, "I know. Sometimes, we need someone to fill our hearts with love when we can't do it ourselves even when it belongs to us."

With warmth spreading over my chest, I fell asleep beside him. I woke up at my own growling stomach.

I was hungry...again.

Arashi chuckled as I made a face. Heat surging from my belly to my head. It was embarrassing...

I complained, "Don't laugh! It is your child's fault!"

He nodded, "It certainly his fault. It seems it is growing fast but don't worry, I knew you would be hungry so I have made the preparation already."

And I grinned as he brought out my snacks and my mouth immediately became watery.