Chap 26

In their car, Sans's fingers tapped nervously against the door.

" we.. we can go back anytime, right?"

" 'course we can, sweetheart" Red assured, trying to ease the smaller's worries.

If he were honest, he was just as nervous about the location they were headed to. Going to the beach had been Edge's idea, as he had been the only one out of the three that had been there before. Not that Red hadn't been invited- he had just been too paranoid about humans the last time their group had gone.

(That outing had been quite awhile ago. It was.... strange, to think of how much had changed since then.

The changes had undoubtedly been for the better. )

But so much had changed since then, and with Edge's promise that it wouldn't be as crowded as the two feared, they had caved into going. Neither of them had seen the supposed stunning beauty of the ocean- and both very much wanted to. And if they got overwhelmed, they could head home at any moment. The day would turn out fine, he knew.

" We're Here!" Edge exclaimed, drawing him from his thoughts.

The three somewhat reluctantly exited the car, his brother insisting on being the one to carry their beach-bag as they headed down to the designated meeting area. Unfortunately, the others were joining them here today. Red wouldn't mind, not if it was just Blue and Razz.

But Slim and Stretch had been invited along by Sans.

The smallest had wanted to give them a chance, to give them the opportunity to prove they could be better- that they could act smarter. The Fell brothers... weren't that willing to forgive them. But for Sans, they would at least give them the chance to re-enter their lives- though they'd never, Never, be able to trust them like they had before.

" ya were right 'bout it not being crowded" Red commented as he observed the other beach-goers. There were others, sure, but no where near as bad as he'd feared. Sans was visibly relieved at the sight, shoulders slumping as tension left him.

Edge puffed up with pride, " Of Course I Was! I Wouldn't Lie!"

" yep- except for when you swallowed the glowing ice-cube from that drink muffet had you try" Sans teased, grin spreading at the bright embarrassed flush across the taller's skull.

Red smirked, joining in on the teasing, " and when ya ate a handful of coffee beans, thinkin' they were the same thing as Jelly beans"

" and-"

" I Have No Idea What You Two Are Talking About! None Of Those Things Have Ever Happened, So I Didn't Lie About Them!" Edge blurted, the sudden shout drawing the attention of the nearby beach-goers. They did their best to ignore the uncomfortable stares, chuckling at Edge's embarrassment instead.

Red snorted, " sure ya didn't"

" heh, do you think the others are here yet?"

As if on cue, Blue's loud shout cut into their conversation.

" Hey Guys! We're Over Here!"

The others were already set up in their designated meeting area, towels laid out in the sun. Any greeting they might of had died in their throats at the sight of Blue's swimsuit. Or, really, the almost complete lack-thereof. The bikini he had chosen hardly covered anything- not that there was much to cover in the first place. If the lack of surprise across Edge's skull meant anything, Blue had dressed up in the same swimsuit as last time. Red was mostly impressed that he didn't feel cold in that.