Chap 20

The thing is, Red had known something was wrong.

He'd known something was wrong the minute his eyelights had landed on Sans that morning. He'd seen that the other was off. The empty stare, the way Sans didn't so much as flinch when Edge touched him, the way he went through the motions without a word. Distant, seeming as if he were nothing but hollow.

Red had been afraid that... that Sans was finally falling.

The Fell Brothers had decided to stay awake the entire night to watch over him, but. But. With the previous days spent awake.... he'd passed out after hardly an hour, and his brother hadn't been far behind. Terrified couldn't begin to describe what gripped his soul when he'd woken up early that morning to find an empty couch. The relief that the lack of dust brought was short-lived, because there really was only one thing it could mean.

Sans had left.

He'd known something was wrong. He'd known. Red had just failed to piece together what it was wrong, had failed to realize what it might be, And now Sans was gone. Red hadn't the slightest fucking clue on what to do now. He didn't know when he'd left, didn't know how long he'd been gone, didn't know where he'd gone, and sure as fuck didn't know how the asshole had contacted Sans.

And the worse thing was, he didn't know how to get him back.

Were they still in the Underground, the matter would be so damn simple. One could only run and hide for so long in the Underground, after all. But here? On the surface? This new world was so damn expansive. He didn't know where to start. None of them did.

It was around eight in the morning now.

Blue had just gotten off of the phone with Alphys, updating her of the situation. Tense silence quickly overtook the kitchen, all thinking of where, exactly, Papyrus might of gone with his brother. There wasn't much that the law could do if the Tale brothers' were out of the state- but he doubted that was the case, yet. They'd have to find them before that.

" What Are We Going To Do?" Edge voiced the question that everyone was thinking. None had a response, none had the slightest idea of where to begin. This wasn't the Underground. This was out of even the Fell monsters expertize. Red sighed, about to list off the places that Papyrus had mentioned wanting to visit previously-- when a strange sound made him pause. The puzzled expressions across the other's skulls meant that they'd heard it too.

A quick search led to the trashcan- Red searched for the source despite the pure disgust across his brother's skull. It sounded like a phone- didn't Sans have one? Shit, they'd never thought to check if he had it on him. His soul quickened with hope as he grabbed the familiar cracked device- quickly hanging up on whatever sales person decided to spam the number before he looked through the phone. It was undoubtedly how Papyrus had contacted Sans, so there had to be something on there- even the slightest hint- of where they'd gone.

And there was.

Sans had followed Papyrus's orders to throw it away, but he hadn't cleared the text messages. Red handed it off to his brother to allow him to read through it too- the others reading over his shoulder. The Tale brother's meeting time had come and gone- they wouldn't be found in the park's parking lot. But they had an advantage- one he desperately hoped Papyrus hadn't thought of. They knew both tale Alphys and Goggles (swap Undyne), the two were computer geniuses. If anyone could hack into the phone, could trace Papyrus's, it'd be them.

" Are You Going To-?"

" yeah, ya coming?" Red asked, offering Edge his hand. The others could get there on their own- they were already getting to their feet. Once his brother grasped his hand, he brought them down to where they worked. It was early, sure, but one of them was bound to be there.