Chap 16

When Edge had first woken up, the day felt like any other.

There was the slightest feeling that something was off, but for the most part, it felt like a normal day. (Other than the brief struggle of removing his arm from underneath Red without waking him up). Edge got dressed in clean clothes, made a mental note to tell his brother to take a shower, made another mental note to do the laundry, and headed out to the living room to check on Sans.

It was only when he found himself staring at the empty couch did he realize what, exactly, was different.

...Right. His soul felt heavy, staring at the space where Sans should be. Edge had hoped all of that had just been a bad dream. That their 'friends' didn't get them arrested, that Papyrus hadn't shown up. That Sans was safe, and with them. But it wasn't a bad dream, no matter how he wished it. With a sigh he approached the discarded blankets, neatly folding them before he set them down on the couch once more.

Sans wouldn't be with that bastard for long. They were going to get the smaller back- there was no way they'd ever just let Papyrus continue to hurt Sans. Though the 'how' was still uncertain. They couldn't just make Papyrus disappear- no matter how much his alternate might deserve it, he refused to dust someone again if it could be helped. Not to mention it was illegal. But kicking his ass until he was almost dust was always an option. Edge doubted his alternate could match up to both him and his brother in combat, but they'd never sparred before, he didn't have an accurate read on the other's skill.

Edge was powerful, perhaps he could distract Papyrus, while Red retrieved Sans? That sounded do-able. They'd undoubtedly have to move away after retrieving the smaller. Papyrus had shown, for whatever sick reasons, he wanted to keep his brother under his thumb. It meant that he'd probably go after them again. That didn't matter as long as Sans was safe.

An ache of concern shot through his soul. He hoped that Sans was alright.

The taller skeleton was heading to the kitchen when a knock sounded at the door. His soul sped up- so far guests hadn't meant anything good. Edge had his magic prepared this time as he went to open it. He was mildly surprised to find himself faced with Blue and swap Alphys.

" H-Hi Edge" Blue greeted, a forced smile on his face. Edge frowned and crossed his arms, not bothering with pleasantries as he waited for them to explain their appearance.

" We need to talk, how bout you let us in?" Alphys suggested, copying his posture- though she relaxed when Blue sent her a disapproving frown. The taller hesitated, before he moved aside to let him in. There had to be a good reason that the two decided to show up. Once in the living room, he turned to face them once more- waiting for an answer.

" I first want to apologize" Blue started.

" I... It was very, very wrong of me to not try to listen to what you had to say about Papyrus. I know my apology doesn't mean much, now that all this.... I-I want to help right the wrongs my brother and I have caused, even if he doesn't know how wrong hes been yet."

"... What Made You Change Your Mind?" Edge questioned. He wasn't willing to forgive them so easily, but at least Blue hadn't been one who'd forced their way inside of the apartment. He couldn't imagine what had to happen for Blue's opinion to change enough for him to come offer help.

" I couldn't stop thinking about what you said.... So I called around. The residents of Snowdin, and Grillby-- everything they told me was... very concerning" Blue explained, " they said that you two called too? And Grillby was really concerned about the fact I was calling as well. When Papyrus gets arrested, Grillby will be a witness along with you two."